Author Topic: Florida poll: DeSantis falls behind Crist as COVID-19 cases surge  (Read 430 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Florida poll: DeSantis falls behind Crist as COVID-19 cases surge
By Celine Castronuovo - 08/03/21 07:11 PM EDT

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) has slipped behind a Democratic gubernatorial rival in a new poll as he faces scrutiny over his handling of the pandemic amid a surge in COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations in the Sunshine State.

The survey, conducted by Florida-based firm St. Pete Polls, found that 45 percent of voters said they would vote for Democratic Rep. Charlie Crist (Fla.), who previously served as governor from 2007 to 2011, while 44 percent said they would back DeSantis.

St. Pete Polls noted that Crist’s lead was within the survey’s margin of error of 1.6 percentage points.

About 11 percent of the more than 3,900 respondents in the poll, conducted from Monday to Tuesday, said they were still undecided about their choice for governor heading into the 2022 contest.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/566218-florida-poll-desantis-falls-behind-crist-as-covid-19-cases-surge
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Re: Florida poll: DeSantis falls behind Crist as COVID-19 cases surge
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2021, 01:06:29 pm »
I'm not buying this poll for a second!  People are moving here in droves because DeSantis continues to keep us open and is fighting to unmask our kids.  He also has no qualms about unveiling the Fauci lies.

Crist has switched parties several times and has run as a Dem and a Pub. If I'm not mistaken he's also run
as an Independent.  Years ago I met him and talked with him when he was running as a Pub...he is pro illegal immigration! 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2021, 01:09:43 pm »
I call BS.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2021, 01:11:51 pm »
Polls :3:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2021, 01:58:42 pm »
It is total BS.  1st the libs wanted to prop up that witch Nikki Freed. When she opens her mouth she sounds like Walters Wife. Bitch bitch bitch. She is your typical Rat nut-cutting harpie.  Now they are pushing Chuck Crist...  The human cue-tip.  The guy has the charisma of a cumquat.  He is sleepy Joe with a few more active brain cells. Chuck always looks like he is ready for a nap.

Corse I live in the southern US, in North Fl.  Most of the support for mandates and lockdown and Rat candidates are coming from the yankee parts of Fl.... way down south.

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline thackney

Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline skeeter

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2021, 03:22:33 pm »
Too predictable to be credible.

Ain't The Hill interested in Greasy Gavin's recall election t'all?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2021, 03:28:58 pm by skeeter »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2021, 12:36:48 am »
Polls are the tool the pols use to set the point spread in people's minds.
Try to make it look like a close contest so no one will howl when the election is stolen.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Hoodat

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2021, 02:05:01 pm »
Delta will be a distant memory by election time.  Still, any race in FL will be competitive.