Author Topic: Navy's Top Admiral Said SEALs Had 'Character and Ethics' Issues  (Read 82 times)

rangerrebew

Navy's Top Admiral Said SEALs Had 'Character and Ethics' Issues

2 Aug 2021
Military.com | By Konstantin Toropin

The Navy's highest-ranking officer acknowledged on Monday that the branch's elite warfighting unit, the SEALs, had a problem with character and ethics.

Speaking at the annual Sea Air Space conference at a convention center just outside of Washington, D.C., Chief of Naval Operations Adm. Michael Gilday noted that the special warfare community underwent "a comprehensive review" that he likened to the review the surface warfare community conducted after the collisions of the Fitzgerald and the McCain. That review looked at the collisions the two destroyers had with merchant ships in 2017 that claimed the lives of 17 sailors.

The evaluation of special forces was conducted by the U.S. Special Operations Command and found that unrelenting demand -- along with the command's willingness to take on the missions when overtasked -- has taken a toll across special warfare units.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2021/08/02/navys-top-admiral-questions-seals-character-and-ethics.html

rangerrebew

Re: Navy's Top Admiral Said SEALs Had 'Character and Ethics' Issues
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2021, 12:58:14 pm »
I guess they didn't have enough PC or Critical Race Theory so it left them with some rough edges. :silly:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Navy's Top Admiral Said SEALs Had 'Character and Ethics' Issues
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2021, 03:36:23 pm »
I guess they didn't have enough PC or Critical Race Theory so it left them with some rough edges. :silly:

@rangerrebew

It's more than that. Conventional commanders that dream of multiple stars on their shoulders tend to demand more from these small elite units they can't even begin to understand,and eventually end up with muscle-bound "roid rage" Spec Ops people instead of the tactical thinkers they need to be.

No matter WHAT the brass demands,you just can't create these people because the typical soldier,sailor,or Marine,just isn't smart/perceptive enough to do the job the way the job MUST be done.

They are called "Special Operations" for a reason. Their missions require "special operators" who seem to have been born with the ability to do this sort of thing,and since these people are rare and hard to find,the service branch ends up filling in the empty slots with glory hounds and gym rats because the brass has "missions to accomplish,by GAWD!"

Compounding the mistakes is the genuine "quiet professionals" that you need to do these jobs properly are mostly senior NCO's,and they tend to want nothing to do with "Me,me,ME,DAMMIT!" roid rage bullies being recruited to fill in the openings created by the sudden expansions,so they retire.

This problem is going to remain as long as the brass thinks competent special operators can be created at will. These are the type of jobs you are either born to do by temperment and intelligence,or you are nothing more than a bullet trap with muscles and tattoos.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!