Author Topic: Clint Eastwood or Robert Redford  (Read 1399 times)

Offline berdie

Re: Clint Eastwood or Robert Redford
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2021, 03:19:14 pm »
In the movie Gran Torino, Clint Eastwood's character died.  Can anyone name another move where this happened?

If you are talking specifically about Clint....didn't he die in The Beguiled?

Gran Torino left me in shock and shouting for him to get up!

Offline berdie

« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2021, 03:23:37 pm »
@libertybele You have revealed your mind reading abilities! After the Marilyn/Sophia thread I was hoping for a thread like this and had those two specific actors in mind, lol.

My answer, without hesitation....Clint!

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2021, 03:48:26 pm »
@libertybele You have revealed your mind reading abilities! After the Marilyn/Sophia thread I was hoping for a thread like this and had those two specific actors in mind, lol.

My answer, without hesitation....Clint!

LOL!   @berdie

My Marilyn/Sophia thread initiated because my Facebook newsfeed is suddenly filled with photos of Marilyn Monroe and months ago, Sophia Loren.

They were the first two women that ever made me stop and look up and down...and up and down...and up and down.

Yet, each of them were completely different women.  And the replies bear that out.   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline skeeter

« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2021, 03:51:06 pm »

Yes he did. Creepy movie - the first of the fatal attraction genre. Besides maybe Sunset Blvd.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2021, 05:47:34 pm »

Not the movie I was thinking of, but you are 100% correct.  Well done.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2021, 06:11:46 pm »

¿Quièn es mas macho?   ¿Fernando Llamas o Ricardo Montalban?"

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2021, 07:15:50 pm »
In the movie Gran Torino, Clint Eastwood's character died.  Can anyone name another move where this happened?

He didn't die in it but "Play Misty For Me" was a bummer.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2021, 07:35:36 pm »
Didn’t Clint direct a boxing movie where the main character who was a woman died?
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline berdie

« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2021, 07:39:34 pm »
LOL!   @berdie

They were the first two women that ever made me stop and look up and down...and up and down...and up and down.

I hear where you are coming from @DCPatriot . Clint had the same affect on me. Since he is 20 years or so older than I am it stands to reason he made a favorable impression. :laugh:

Online Hoodat

« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2021, 08:02:18 pm »
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2021, 08:05:08 pm »
I know I'm old when all of the current movie stars just strike me as "meh." Hollywood stars used to be attractive.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Hoodat

« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2021, 08:07:37 pm »
I know I'm old when all of the current movie stars just strike me as "meh." Hollywood stars used to be attractive.

Here's one that was born two generations too late.  Clive Owen could be a fill in for Cary Grant.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline berdie

« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2021, 08:37:13 pm »
@Hoodat Honky Tonk Man....I had fogotten that one. :beer:

Offline Millee

« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2021, 08:56:37 pm »
None hotter than Redford in "The Way we Were".  :yowsa:

Online Hoodat

« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2021, 09:01:53 pm »
None hotter than Redford in "The Way we Were".  :yowsa:

There is nothing attractive about being a communist.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2021, 09:06:43 pm »

Perhaps, but it did introduce us to Roberta Flack and “The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face”. Incredible song! And Donna Mills was as cute as a bug’s ear.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2021, 10:35:02 pm »
Perhaps, but it did introduce us to Roberta Flack and “The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face”. Incredible song! And Donna Mills was as cute as a bug’s ear.
Ha, the "bug's ear" comment cracked me up. Reminded me of some college friends who always said it. And I loved Roberta Flack - first concert I ever went to.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online libertybele

« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2021, 10:45:01 pm »
Six Clint Eastwood films to stream exclusively on Fox Nation

https://video.foxnews.com/v/6266137603001#sp=show-clips
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2021, 06:05:16 pm »
I thought that was the near 'fatal obsession' movie...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2021, 06:07:11 pm »
Didn’t Clint direct a boxing movie where the main character who was a woman died?
Million Dollar Baby
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #45 on: August 03, 2021, 06:26:16 pm »
I’m partial to this guy, but Clint would do in a pinch. Redford is pretty, but his politics…blech.

@debrawiest

I'm with you on Cary Grant. Although I did like Robert Redford when he first appeared on the screen (in spite of his being a blond), over the years I got over him. Clint Eastwood never did anything for me. There were several lookers from the Cary Grant era, but I mostly gravitate toward the impeccably groomed urbane types with a side of humor. No one pulls that off better than Cary.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Online libertybele

« Reply #46 on: August 03, 2021, 06:39:06 pm »

"Million Dollar Baby" was the name of the movie which he was filmmaker/co-producer director and actor. Hillary Swank was great in the movie and I loved it.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #47 on: August 31, 2021, 02:17:07 pm »
Clint Eastwood, Gary Sinese, James Wood, legends of our day.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions