Author Topic: ATF Agents Corroborate Existence of Racial Complaint Against Biden Director Nominee, Fear Reprisals  (Read 279 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
The Reload by Stephen Gutowski July 28, 2021

ATF Agents Corroborate Existence of Racial Complaint Against Biden Director Nominee, Fear Reprisals and Hit to Agency Effectiveness

Multiple ATF sources back up the existence of a complaint alleging President Biden’s nominee to lead ATF, David Chipman, made racist comments during his previous stint at the agency.

The agents, who have decades of experience at the agency, told The Reload they heard the accusation that Chipman denigrated black ATF agents up for promotion. The officials said they heard about Chipman’s alleged comments before they were referenced in a recent lawsuit seeking the release of the complaint.

“He made some comments that he was surprised by the number of African Americans who have made it onto a specific promotional list,” a current ATF official told The Reload. “So, his insinuation was that they had to have cheated. Which is kind of despicable.”

A former ATF agent who worked directly with Chipman said he heard the same story.

“That one had to do with what’s called the assessment center, which would be to get promoted,’ the former agent told The Reload. “Somebody would have had to file a complaint against him if he were a supervisor making those statements.”

The current ATF official said the allegation ended his time in Detroit.

“He left Detroit because of that,” he said. “He did not leave Detroit on the best of terms. His reputation was that he was not nice to people.”

The details of the story told by the agents closely match those outlined in a Daily Caller News Foundation interview with Tom Jones, the American Accountability Foundation (AAF) president, on one of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) complaints being sought by his group. That Freedom of Information Act lawsuit alleges there were two EEOC complaints filed against Chipman. One of those complaints relates to comments Chipman made implying black agents could not have performed as well as they did on a promotions assessment.

Senator Ted Cruz (R., Texas) asked Chipman about the complaints in written questions for the nominee. Chipman admitted the complaints existed but did not reveal their contents and said, “both complaints were resolved without any finding of discrimination, and no disciplinary action was taken against me,” according to Fox News. The details of the racist comments Chipman is accused of making had not been corroborated before now. The Reload has not been able to verify the veracity of the allegation Chipman made racist remarks, only that the allegation exists and was known to some agents before the filing of the AAF lawsuit.

More: https://thereload.com/atf-agents-corroborate-existence-of-racial-complaint-against-biden-director-nominee-fear-reprisals-and-hit-to-agency-effectiveness/

Offline LegalAmerican

I don't care.  WORDS....can we all get back to FIRST AMENDMENT?   FREEDOM OF SPEECH? 

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
ALERT: Boozman to Oppose Gun Control Advocate as ATF Director

https://www.boozman.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/2021/7/boozman-to-oppose-gun-control-advocate-as-atf-director

Jul 28 2021

MEMO

TO: Arkansas’s Second Amendment Supporters

RE: Opposition to David Chipman’s nomination to lead the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives

Date: July 28, 2021

President Joe Biden has nominated David Chipman to serve as Director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF). I believe he is unfit to lead the bureau and will vote against his confirmation. 

Chipman has not proven that he supports the Second Amendment, and in fact his record exhibits the opposite. Given the ongoing efforts around the country to implement unfair and unconstitutional gun control laws, I believe the head of the ATF should have a solid understanding and be a strong advocate for the Second Amendment. 

Chipman has a deeply flawed interpretation of our individual right to keep and bear arms. He worked for the ATF for almost 25 years. After serving in supervisory roles in Michigan and Washington, D.C. he retired in 2012. He has since become a senior policy advisor at Giffords, a gun control group that advocates for stricter firearms laws. Chipman’s nomination is another clear signal from the president that gun control measures remain a key priority on the administration’s agenda. 

Chipman has even shown his contempt and disdain for legal gun buyers, equating the rise in the purchase of guns during the pandemic to preparing for a zombie attack, “…the people who hoarded guns might decide six months from now—once they see no zombies around but they’ve run out of tuna and beef jerky—that they need the money to buy food.” Openly mocking lawful gun owners for exercising their constitutional right is troubling for anyone, but coming from the person nominated to lead the ATF it is downright disturbing and unacceptable.

I am a proud supporter of the Second Amendment and believe the Director of the ATF should not have a predisposed hostility to it. I have serious concerns with Chipman's track record of vocal support for extensive gun control measures and his mistaken understanding of the Second Amendment. That’s why I feel it is more important than ever to continue my strong and vocal support for our Second Amendment right and forcefully oppose his nomination.

I’ve long been a champion of this fundamental right. As a member of the Second Amendment Task Force, I have been a constant advocate of efforts to protect and enhance the ability of law-abiding citizens to own firearms. I’ve fought to protect this founding principle by pushing back on the Biden administration’s policies and nominees that threaten to erode it, as well as by supporting legislation to defend it. Here are some of the highlights from this Congress:

•   Opposing the nomination of Merrick Garland to serve as U.S. Attorney General because of his stance on guns and his previous rulings as federal judge that threatened the right to keep and bear arms.

•   Urging the administration to withdraw overreaching rules including the ATF’s proposed rule banning the use of stabilizing braces on firearms.

•   Cosponsoring the Federal Firearm Licensee Protection Act of 2021, the Hearing Protection Act, the Constitutional Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2021 and the Protecting the Right to Keep and Bear Arms Act.

Offline LegalAmerican

ALERT: Boozman to Oppose Gun Control Advocate as ATF Director

https://www.boozman.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/2021/7/boozman-to-oppose-gun-control-advocate-as-atf-director

I care about our constitution and 2nd...IF this guy is against that, I am against him!  Everyone biden puts in office is a communist.   Could it be china is running America now?  bejing biden.

rangerrebew

Biden’s Nominee Turns Out To Be Racist
They always fail at nominating Dems, it seems.

by Joshua Jackson
2 days ago

Joe Biden’s gun-grabbing nominee to run the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives might have some serious problems ahead of him. David Chipman’s full confirmation vote is yet to be held and this will surely add to that delay. We have allegations that Chipman made racist comments, stunted the careers of black ATF agents, and there have been questions about whether he can do the job given his past as a hardcore anti-gun activist. Stephen Gutowski of The Reload had a lengthy piece about the allegations that might place more pressure on Biden to reconsider his nominee for the post. Former and current ATF officials also told Gutowski they’re fearful of reprisals (via The Reload):
Biden

Multiple ATF sources back up the existence of a complaint alleging President Biden’s nominee to lead ATF, David Chipman, made racist comments during his previous stint at the agency.

The agents, who have decades of experience at the agency, told The Reload they heard the accusation that Chipman denigrated black ATF agents up for promotion. The officials said they heard about Chipman’s alleged comments before they were referenced in a recent lawsuit seeking the release of the complaint.

“He made some comments that he was surprised by the number of African Americans who have made it onto a specific promotional list,” a current ATF official told The Reload. “So, his insinuation was that they had to have cheated. Which is kind of despicable.”

https://unitedwestandnews.com/bidens-nominee-turns-out-to-be-racist/

rangerrebew

Whether or not he's racist is of absolutely no concern to democrats since he is obviously not a conservative so he is totally forgiven.  So, he'll be approved with some rinos voting with the democrats. 0052

Offline Kamaji