Author Topic: Australia deploys helicopters, hundreds of troops to keep people at home in strict new lockdowns in  (Read 202 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
American Military News by Ryan Morgan August 02, 2021

Around 300 Australian Defence Force (ADF) soldiers were deployed alongside police over the weekend in New South Wales to help police enforce strict new coronavirus lockdowns. Police helicopters have also been seen in the area, ordering residents to comply with lockdown restrictions.

Australian broadcaster ABC reported the soldiers arrived in the city of Sydney over the weekend and underwent training and would begin going door to door in Sydney by Monday to check that residents are complying with the lockdown orders.

The Daily Mail reported in Sydney’s western suburbs residents saw police helicopters hovering overhead while sounding sirens and broadcasting the message, “This is public health order —do not break rules —you will be found and fines issued.”

One video reposted by Australian journalist Avi Yemini shows a man exclaiming “what the f–k” before showing helicopters flying overhead and sounding warning messages to the public. The video was originally posted by TikTok user bankstown2200 over the weekend.

More: https://americanmilitarynews.com/2021/08/australia-deploys-helicopters-hundreds-of-troops-to-keep-people-at-home-in-strict-new-lockdowns-in-sydney/

Online rustynail

Australia will make a nice Chinese province.

Offline Kamaji

The Australians have really gone overboard with this stuff.  I'm a little disappointed, because my recollections of Australians is that they are generally pretty nice, laid-back people.

Offline roamer_1

Outside of Americans, of anybody on the planet who would be unlikely to submit to this nonsense, Ozzies would be my most predictive pick. Their government had best tread softly.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The Australians have really gone overboard with this stuff.  I'm a little disappointed, because my recollections of Australians is that they are generally pretty nice, laid-back people.

@Kamaji

They are.

That's what makes them easy targets.

Kinda like the denizens of NYC,Mn,Seattle,etc,etc,etc.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!