Author Topic: CNN's Don Lemon clashes with John Kasich over unvaccinated Americans: They're 'conservative Republic  (Read 1162 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
yep. That works.

The opposit of what I want.  I wish to suppress the embed, so it's just a link and not the whole thing.  It may nt be possible, because the embed translator is part of the posting code.  It gets converted between hitting "Post" and before the tread refreshes.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline roamer_1

The opposit of what I want.  I wish to suppress the embed, so it's just a link and not the whole thing.  It may nt be possible, because the embed translator is part of the posting code.  It gets converted between hitting "Post" and before the tread refreshes.

Go back and quote that script. It DID supress the embed. The top was natural... then under it i did the code tag, left a cold link.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Go back and quote that script. It DID supress the embed. The top was natural... then under it i did the code tag, left a cold link.

Ah!  My bad.  I should have looked at your code before I posted! 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline roamer_1

Ah!  My bad.  I should have looked at your code before I posted!

Dunno if it will do Rumble too...

And btw, I agree with you about vids. Not for lack of hearing, but just for the time it would take - @LegalAmerican spams a thread with hours of video, it does no good, there ain't nobody gonna wade through all that.

And there is no real way to argue the vid... Not without a quotable transcription. Who is going to take the time and pain to reply when one has to transcribe and reference a time slot - And who is going to check the reply for verity?

Written word is a far superior media.

Offline LegalAmerican

Dunno if it will do Rumble too...

And btw, I agree with you about vids. Not for lack of hearing, but just for the time it would take - @LegalAmerican spams a thread with hours of video, it does no good, there ain't nobody gonna wade through all that.

And there is no real way to argue the vid... Not without a quotable transcription. Who is going to take the time and pain to reply when one has to transcribe and reference a time slot - And who is going to check the reply for verity?

Written word is a far superior media.

NOT SPAM. I did not realize how much special care we all need!  LOL   MY EYES ARE BAD.  I like to hear things. Some video's  are 2 minutes long. Women have no problem with multi tasking and we remember things like elephants!
Men have short memory and like to look again and again, (the written word) for that issue.  NOW...this is a general statement. IN GENERAL...NOT SPECIFIC ...IT IS TRUE. Ask another woman. 

Offline roamer_1

NOT SPAM. I did not realize how much special care we all need!  LOL   MY EYES ARE BAD.  I like to hear things. Some video's  are 2 minutes long. Women have no problem with multi tasking and we remember things like elephants!
Men have short memory and like to look again and again, (the written word) for that issue.  NOW...this is a general statement. IN GENERAL...NOT SPECIFIC ...IT IS TRUE. Ask another woman.

Yeah it is spam. One vid, maybe two... Alright. But any more than that is a firehose. And I dunno if the site keeps metrics on embeds, but I bet they get little traffic. For sure, I will go right on by.

The time it takes to watch it, the time it takes for formulate a reply, to include transcribing and referring to a time slot... Compared to the simple matter of quoting from a written article, it just is not worth replying to a vid.

And no offense meant. It is what it is.That's why the lions share of this place is based upon articles.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Yeah it is spam. One vid, maybe two... Alright. But any more than that is a firehose. And I dunno if the site keeps metrics on embeds, but I bet they get little traffic. For sure, I will go right on by.

The time it takes to watch it, the time it takes for formulate a reply, to include transcribing and referring to a time slot... Compared to the simple matter of quoting from a written article, it just is not worth replying to a vid.

And no offense meant. It is what it is.That's why the lions share of this place is based upon articles.

Amen brother Roam's.  Amen.   The only video's people watch here are YT music vids.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline andy58-in-nh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmxKsK90L14

@roamer_1

Yes, that may have been off-topic, but thanks for the Colter Wall song. I wish more people were aware of his talent.

He is Johnny Cash and Townes Van Zandt, with a dash of Dylan.

A brilliant performer with a true country soul. 
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline roamer_1

Amen brother Roam's.  Amen.   The only video's people watch here are YT music vids.

:beer: :patriot: :seeya:

Offline roamer_1

@roamer_1

Yes, that may have been off-topic, but thanks for the Colter Wall song. I wish more people were aware of his talent.

He is Johnny Cash and Townes Van Zandt, with a dash of Dylan.

A brilliant performer with a true country soul.

Just a little technical sidebar @andy58-in-nh ... Didn't mean to mess with the topic - And in my defense, the sidebar started before me.... No excuse, I am as guilty as anyone of draggin a sidebar into a thread...

As to Colter Wall, We are 100% in agreement. As a personal matter I think I may know him. He's from Alberta cattle country, so it's not impossible (that's basically here to Calgary)... and that boy looks damn familiar to me. Maybe I knew his dad back in the day or something.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Just a little technical sidebar @andy58-in-nh ... Didn't mean to mess with the topic - And in my defense, the sidebar started before me.... No excuse, I am as guilty as anyone of draggin a sidebar into a thread...

As to Colter Wall, We are 100% in agreement. As a personal matter I think I may know him. He's from Alberta cattle country, so it's not impossible (that's basically here to Calgary)... and that boy looks damn familiar to me. Maybe I knew his dad back in the day or something.

I lol'd at his "North Montana" response.   So I figured he was a canadian...not there is anything wrong with that!  lol
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline andy58-in-nh

@roamer_1

I'm all in favor of sidebars - it keeps things lively.  :beer:

In addition to Colter Wall, I am also listening to a lot of Aaron Lewis these days, and a whole lot of Drive-by Truckers.

"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline roamer_1

I lol'd at his "North Montana" response.   So I figured he was a canadian...not there is anything wrong with that!  lol

Yeah... He said Saskatchewan there... so maybe I'm off. I though he was an Albertan.

And being 60 miles from the border, I know them Canucks pretty good. Mighty fine folks up there punching cows. Many friends.

Offline roamer_1

@roamer_1

I'm all in favor of sidebars - it keeps things lively.  :beer:

In addition to Colter Wall, I am also listening to a lot of Aaron Lewis these days, and a whole lot of Drive-by Truckers.

@andy58-in-nh
Aaron Lewis - Have you caught 'Am I the Only One'?

I like the return to basics in Colter Wall and Tyler Childers... There's kinda a new country busker type feel going on, Just a guy and a guitar, live... Not perfectly tracked with a bunch of slamtracked instrumentation and autotune. The exact opposite. And it is brilliant in it's rawness and entirely authentic.

'Cowpoke' is a dang nice hat tip to old skool Western btw. I can listen to that all day long (and play it too, riding around a bedded herd)

Offline andy58-in-nh

@andy58-in-nh
Aaron Lewis - Have you caught 'Am I the Only One'?

I like the return to basics in Colter Wall and Tyler Childers... There's kinda a new country busker type feel going on, Just a guy and a guitar, live... Not perfectly tracked with a bunch of slamtracked instrumentation and autotune. The exact opposite. And it is brilliant in it's rawness and entirely authentic.

'Cowpoke' is a dang nice hat tip to old skool Western btw. I can listen to that all day long (and play it too, riding around a bedded herd)

@roamer_1

I don't know how I failed to mention Tyler Childers - very big on my playlist right now. I have most certainly heard Lewis' "Am I the Only One?". It speaks directly to how so many of us feel today - lost in our own country. Which is why it is driving Leftists nuts.... :patriot:

Offline roamer_1

@roamer_1

I don't know how I failed to mention Tyler Childers - very big on my playlist right now. I have most certainly heard Lewis' "Am I the Only One?". It speaks directly to how so many of us feel today - lost in our own country. Which is why it is driving Leftists nuts.... :patriot:

:beer:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I'd make a comment about not making this a "music thread," but we can only get so much mileage from two idiots interviewing each other and trying to outdo each other with their stupidity....

Carry on.
I will NOT comply.

Offline andy58-in-nh

I'd make a comment about not making this a "music thread," but we can only get so much mileage from two idiots interviewing each other and trying to outdo each other with their stupidity....

Carry on.

True enough. But in a fight between Don Lemon and John Kasich, I am only rooting for silence.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
True enough. But in a fight between Don Lemon and John Kasich, I am only rooting for silence.

We all are, Andy.  All of us.  Kasich's one big fan got nuked out of here for his leftist bullcrap.
I will NOT comply.