Author Topic: Sophia Loren or Marilyn Monroe?  (Read 10554 times)

Offline libertybele

Re: Sophia Loren or Marilyn Monroe?
« Reply #125 on: March 04, 2022, 10:55:05 pm »
@sneakypete I asked my hubby the same question; Marilyn Monroe or Sophia Loren.  Without hesitation he answered Sophia; there's just no comparison.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #126 on: March 05, 2022, 01:56:25 am »
@sneakypete I asked my hubby the same question; Marilyn Monroe or Sophia Loren.  Without hesitation he answered Sophia; there's just no comparison.

@libertybele

It is really cruel to other women to compare them to Sophia. There are smoking hot,beautiful women,and then there is Sophia.

I can't speak for anyone else,but when Sophia passes,her place will be taken by Adele. Red hair,busty,beautiful face,GREAT sense of humor,incredible musical composer,and THAT freaking voice! There is just nobody else that has all that.

If she played her cards right,she could have her way with me.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #127 on: March 05, 2022, 01:58:09 am »
   Mrs. Loren's Daughter.   

@corbe

Cheeky thing,ain't she?

Offline corbe

« Reply #128 on: March 05, 2022, 02:13:05 am »
   That is a pleasant sight @sneakypete and this from a Man that never desired to turn a Woman over.  wink777
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #129 on: March 05, 2022, 02:28:47 am »
   That is a pleasant sight @sneakypete and this from a Man that never desired to turn a Woman over.  wink777

@corbe

Everyone appreciates a raised platform. Especially one so shapely and firm.

I agree with you on this one,though. Being a butt pirate has never had any appeal to me,and the only time I ever did it was when a woman asked me to. I guess she could tell I wasn't into it,because she asked me if I was enjoying it while we were doing it,and when I told her "No",she asked me to stop and told me she just offered in case it would please me. I told her to not bother asking in the future,and we were both happier.

I have nothing against that if both the man and the woman are enjoying it,but it had just never had any appeal at all to me. I have always liked the view from the front MUCH better.

Offline corbe

« Reply #130 on: March 05, 2022, 02:46:21 am »
Goodbye Norma Jean (Candle In The Wind-Elton John-1973)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvKtFtkDWQo
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline corbe

« Reply #131 on: March 05, 2022, 02:54:28 am »

@corbe

Everyone appreciates a raised platform. Especially one so shapely and firm.

I agree with you on this one,though. Being a butt pirate has never had any appeal to me,and the only time I ever did it was when a woman asked me to. I guess she could tell I wasn't into it,because she asked me if I was enjoying it while we were doing it,and when I told her "No",she asked me to stop and told me she just offered in case it would please me. I told her to not bother asking in the future,and we were both happier.

I have nothing against that if both the man and the woman are enjoying it,but it had just never had any appeal at all to me. I have always liked the view from the front MUCH better.

Besides @sneakypete wouldn't her Front Side be filled with dirt an $hit If she truly is shooting a 50 Cal?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #132 on: March 05, 2022, 06:10:43 am »

Besides @sneakypete wouldn't her Front Side be filled with dirt an $hit If she truly is shooting a 50 Cal?

@corbe

No. Her clothes (panties?) seem to be pretty tight,and I have no doubt she is laying on a ground cloth or something similar.

She must be an adventurous woman. Not many would be willing to fire a 50 cal from the prone position. There must be a really good muzzle brake on it.

I am hoping she also had some good ear plugs. I,and no one else of my era ever wore ear plugs when shooting in the army,unless it was at a range,and I only remember going to a range once in the 6 years I was in SF,and still don't understand how or why that happened. It ain't like any of us on one working special operations went more than a year without shooting in a "really competitive" atmosphere.

We usually "qualified" at the Sport Parachute Club bar on Bragg. Or at least that is where we filled out the forms on each other.

The Army is so PC these days,I wonder if clubs like the Sport Parachute Club are even still open. SF NCO's didn't give a squat about drinking with non-NCO's,and SF officers didn't worry about drinking with NCO's at places like the Sport Parachute Club. If you were a jumper,you were welcome,although I have heard it said that some NCO's in the 82nd frowned on their younger troopers associating with SF soldiers.

There was also a lot of fraternizing at the E-4/E-9 Club on Yadkin Road,just off-base. Good place to get your head dinged on a Sattidy night. Or at least that is what I was told. The closest I ever got to going in there was the parking lot,where there must have been  20-30 GI's fighting each other when I pulled in to park. Looked for a few minutes,and just drove away. Never even turned the switch off.  I was looking to maybe hook up with a woman,not get into a fight with a drunken soldier.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #133 on: April 10, 2022, 04:09:55 pm »
Ever since I was a teenager back in the 50's, could never understand how Arthur Miller ended up marrying Marilyn Monroe.    :shrug:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #134 on: April 10, 2022, 04:38:29 pm »
Ever since I was a teenager back in the 50's, could never understand how Arthur Miller ended up marrying Marilyn Monroe.    :shrug:

@DCPatriot

Don't believe the bimbo airhead image. She was actually a very smart woman that was playing the role she was expected to play.

Offline corbe

« Reply #135 on: April 10, 2022, 09:28:14 pm »
   Didn't she marry the talented but Ugly, Mr. Coffee, also?   

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #136 on: April 10, 2022, 09:56:23 pm »

I never understood how Dorothy Stratten ended up marrying Paul Snider.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #137 on: April 10, 2022, 10:29:38 pm »
I never understood how Dorothy Stratten ended up marrying Paul Snider.

A case of a childhood sweetheart not comprehending what international celebrity status does to your 'love'.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #138 on: April 10, 2022, 10:31:27 pm »
   Didn't she marry the talented but Ugly, Mr. Coffee, also?

Yes...that didn't make much sense either.

Thought she should have matched up with one of the day's leading men...if even as a beard.

Offline corbe

« Reply #139 on: April 11, 2022, 01:39:18 am »
        Her Ultimate Lover and her Killer.

Offline corbe

« Reply #140 on: July 10, 2022, 07:22:04 pm »
    Sophia, any day of the Week.

Sophia

Offline corbe

« Reply #141 on: July 13, 2022, 07:44:08 pm »

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #142 on: July 14, 2022, 04:14:31 am »
Anita Ekberg

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #143 on: July 14, 2022, 04:39:49 am »

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #144 on: July 20, 2022, 04:17:15 am »
With out a moments hesitation, INGER STEVENS.  LIVING PERFECTION
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #145 on: October 28, 2023, 03:08:41 am »

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #146 on: December 29, 2023, 11:20:05 pm »
To all you Sophia Loren fans...

"Houseboat" is on TCM tonight at 7 p.m. Central. Adjust for your time zone.

You're welcome.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline corbe

« Reply #147 on: December 29, 2023, 11:30:34 pm »
    Thanks @AllThatJazzZ put it on DVR.  African Queen is coming up, if I'm not mistaken.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #148 on: December 30, 2023, 01:26:48 am »
    Thanks @AllThatJazzZ put it on DVR.  African Queen is coming up, if I'm not mistaken.
Yeah? Wait'll that hits Netflix...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #149 on: December 30, 2023, 01:36:58 am »
African Queen is coming up, if I'm not mistaken.

The Ru Paul story?

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-