Author Topic: Sarah Palin on Running for Senate: 'If God Wants Me to Do It, I Will'  (Read 452 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Sarah Palin on Running for Senate: 'If God Wants Me to Do It, I Will'
By Brendan Cole On 7/31/21 at 9:40 AM EDT

Sarah Palin, the former vice presidential candidate and ex-governor of Alaska, has hinted at a return to politics.

Palin was asked if she would look at running for the U.S. Senate as she spoke at a conference on July 22 that was co-sponsored by the Harvest International Ministry religious movement, Right Wing Watch reported.

In a video shared on the ministry's Instagram page, Palin said sitting on stage that "America was dedicated to God" and she took a swipe at "a rapid shift to the left" she felt was taking place in the country.

"Are we gonna let them fundamentally transform the nation that does belong to God?" she said.

more
https://www.newsweek.com/sarah-palin-alaska-senate-murkowski-god-wants-1614915
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

I'd have to look up her record again, but I truly liked her up until she decided to be McCain's VP.  That is a huge black mark against her in my books.  Her family issues have been many, but I can't say that I hold that against her as much as siding with a RINO.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Sarah Palin on Running for Senate: 'If God Wants Me to Do It, I Will'
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2021, 12:53:08 am »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2021, 01:06:32 am »
Of course Newsweak is sneering as they print this article, but millions of Americans ask their creator for guidance in important life decisions. Its not so unusual.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2021, 01:09:39 am »
Her record is rather lengthy and there is also personal information in addition to political information which is not typically found on this site. I haven't gone through each and every item, but one item does stick out; she is for a pathway to citizenship for illegals but not amnesty. For me, that's a black mark on her record.

https://www.ontheissues.org/sarah_palin.htm

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2021, 01:10:50 am »
...but one item does stick out; she is for a pathway to citizenship for illegals but not amnesty. For me, that's a black mark on her record.

I agree completely. A non starter.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2021, 01:45:43 am »
Her record is rather lengthy and there is also personal information in addition to political information which is not typically found on this site. I haven't gone through each and every item, but one item does stick out; she is for a pathway to citizenship for illegals but not amnesty. For me, that's a black mark on her record.

That way divides the country into classes, with the serfs below the citizens.

I saw that firsthand all over the Middle East when I visited there.

We do not need further division within this country.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline libertybele

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2021, 02:49:29 am »
That way divides the country into classes, with the serfs below the citizens.

I saw that firsthand all over the Middle East when I visited there.

We do not need further division within this country.

That's a perspective I hadn't considered. Deport all illegals period.

Offline thackney

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2021, 11:40:23 am »
I was living in Alaska when she was first elected Governor there.  For me, I cannot get passed the issue of increased taxes on oil/gas companies and was applied retroactively.  It shut down many projects and helped push us back to Texas.

Sarah Palin and Taxes
https://www.taxpolicycenter.org/taxvox/sarah-palin-and-taxes
September 2, 2008

...Last year, soon after becoming governor, she proposed raising taxes on energy producers, an idea McCain strongly opposes. The legislature boosted the tax on oil pumped from state-owned land, with the rate increasing when prices exceed a benchmark of $52-a-barrel. Palin signed the bill and, this year, the new tax is expected to bring in more than $5 billion. That is a staggering sum for a state which projects only about $13 billion in total revenues.

This year, Palin redistributed a big chunk of that windfall. The legislature passed her plan to give Alaskans a $1200 rebate (on the top of the $2000 each Alaskan gets as an oil dividend) and suspended for a year the state's 8 cent per gallon tax on gasoline. For another look at this, check out the Don't Mess With Taxes blog....
« Last Edit: August 02, 2021, 11:46:47 am by thackney »
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2021, 02:50:20 pm »
I was living in Alaska when she was first elected Governor there.  For me, I cannot get passed the issue of increased taxes on oil/gas companies and was applied retroactively.  It shut down many projects and helped push us back to Texas.

YUP. Windfall Profits tax on it's own is a nonstarter - Fiscal Conservatives were appalled. And then retroactive to boot... And then she lost it all in the market crash.

I ain't much on Palin. Everywhere she goes, from Wasilla on up, somebody is paying a helluva lot more in taxes.

I like her fine, Don't mind the family drama. But like others, she is going to throw fiscal conservatism and libertarianism right under the bus. That is not Conservative...

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2021, 03:17:30 pm »
YUP. Windfall Profits tax on it's own is a nonstarter - Fiscal Conservatives were appalled. And then retroactive to boot... And then she lost it all in the market crash.

I ain't much on Palin. Everywhere she goes, from Wasilla on up, somebody is paying a helluva lot more in taxes.

I like her fine, Don't mind the family drama. But like others, she is going to throw fiscal conservatism and libertarianism right under the bus. That is not Conservative...

I liked her OK until she badmouthed the AZ GOP for censuring McStain for being a Rat turncoat.  Now, to me she's shit on a shingle. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2021, 03:31:39 pm »
I liked her OK until she badmouthed the AZ GOP for censuring McStain for being a Rat turncoat.  Now, to me she's shit on a shingle.

I think she is more in-kind with McAin't than most folks will admit.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2021, 03:43:13 pm »
I think she is more in-kind with McAin't than most folks will admit.

Arizonans have her number.  There was talk of her moving to AZ to run for Senate, but that died years ago. 

I do like loyalty, but Palin hitched her wagon to the wrong horse.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2021, 03:46:04 pm »
Arizonans have her number.  There was talk of her moving to AZ to run for Senate, but that died years ago. 

That's right.

Offline thackney

« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2021, 03:57:35 pm »

Based on her work in Alaska before nomination for VP, I would say McCain was the right horse for her.  Just not for me and many conservatives.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2021, 04:15:59 pm »
If Gawd truly wanted her to be a US Senator,she wouldn't even have to run for the seat. There would be a peal of thunder,the clouds would part,and Gawd would announce in loud voice,"I order thee to give that dingbat a Senate Seat!"

That would do it for sure.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2021, 04:21:09 pm »
It seems Sarah Palin has no natural GOP constituency she can count on, even within the evangelical community.  If I was God, I would tell her not to run.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2021, 04:28:54 pm »
It seems Sarah Palin has no natural GOP constituency she can count on, even within the evangelical community.  If I was God, I would tell her not to run.

I'm not God, but I'd tell her not to run too.  She can't fight Big Mouth Murkowsi's machine.
I will NOT comply.

Offline berdie

« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2021, 08:23:18 pm »
Palin breathed some life into McCain's otherwise stale campaign.

That said, her previous policies and her personna turned off a lot of people. Of course the media eviscerated her and she spent a lot of her political capital on personal projects.

If I were to have a vote...I'd say no.