Author Topic: U.S. Rep. Henry Cuellar joins Sen. Lindsey Graham in demanding that Biden appoint border czar  (Read 155 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
KSAT by Farah Eltohamy 7/30/2021

U.S. Rep. Henry Cuellar joins Sen. Lindsey Graham in demanding that Biden appoint border czar

U.S. Rep. Henry Cuellar, a Democrat from Laredo, penned a letter alongside Republican U.S. Sen. Lindsey Graham of South Carolina, raising concerns about the growing number of migrants crossing the country’s southern border, and calling for the White House and the Department of Homeland Security to appoint a new border czar.

The letter, which Graham tweeted Friday morning, named former DHS Secretary Jeh Johnson or someone with similar credentials as an ideal candidate for the position.

Cuellar and Graham lauded Johnson for his “exceptional bipartisan reputation for pragmatic approaches to complex border security and immigration challenges” and asked the letter’s recipients to consider creating a “special executive position” within DHS, which a spokesperson for Cuellar said was simply a plea to fill the vacancy left by Roberta S. Jacobson in April.

Jacobson stepped down from the position amid the Biden administration’s struggle to address an increase in undocumented migrants coming from Central America. That role has since been taken up by Vice President Kamala Harris — who drew criticism for her now infamous “do not come” comment made during a trip to Guatemala in June.

More: https://www.ksat.com/news/texas/2021/07/30/us-rep-henry-cuellar-joins-sen-lindsey-graham-in-demanding-biden-to-appoint-border-czar/

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Jeh Johnson?  As I recall, I wasn't in the least impressed by him.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Its just a slap to Harris.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Its just a slap to Harris.

Not that she even really cares.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Yeah. I don't care for Johnson either.