Author Topic: ‘Racist and divisive’: Minnesotans take critical race theory fight to court  (Read 229 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Alpha News By Anthony Gockowski -July 28, 2021

Minnesotans are fighting back against the "racist and divisive" ideology of critical race theory, which they say has overrun their workplaces and schools.

Some Minnesotans say they have been bullied, retaliated against, and even demoted for speaking out against critical race theory in their places of work and education.

And now they are taking matters into their own hands, they said at a press conference earlier this week at the Minnesota Capitol, where three new lawsuits were announced.

In two of the cases, the parties are required to present their claims to the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission before proceeding with a lawsuit. In a third case against Lakeville Area Schools, a lawsuit has been filed in federal court.

“Our clients are bravely confronting CRT-inspired bullying, indoctrination and retaliation, which is not ‘training’ or persuasion,” said Doug Seaton, whose Upper Midwest Law Center is representing the plaintiffs in all three cases.

“The U.S. Constitution, the federal Civil Rights laws, and their Minnesota counterparts don’t permit this race-based discrimination, retaliation, compelled speech, and invasion of privacy,” he said.
Hennepin Healthcare System

Tara Gustilo was the chair of obstetrics and gynecology at Hennepin Healthcare System, formerly known as HCMC, but was “demoted essentially because of her polite opposition to the critical race theory that’s saturating her organization,” according to Seaton.

Gustilo, a Filipino-American doctor, discussed the rich diversity of her background at Monday’s press conference.

“It’s with a heavy heart that I’m bringing this lawsuit forward. My reasons for doing so are similar to my reasons for speaking out in the first place,” she said. “I see a racist and divisive ideology of race essentialism taking over our nation and my institution. Further, there seems to be this growing intolerance for people with different opinions or ideas and it seems that this tribalistic ideology is fostering that kind of intolerance.”

More: https://alphanewsmn.com/racist-and-divisive-minnesotans-take-critical-race-theory-fight-to-court/