Author Topic: Ashli Babbitt and George Floyd, compare and contrast  (Read 140 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Ashli Babbitt and George Floyd, compare and contrast
« on: August 02, 2021, 11:38:06 am »
Powerline by  Paul Mirengoff 8/1/2021

The Washington Post doesn’t like the fact that Ashli Babbitt, who was shot and killed by a police officer inside the Capitol on January 6 of this year, is being viewed by some as a martyr. The Post’s story, by anti-Trumper Josh Dawsey and Paul Schwartzman, drips with contempt for the notion that Babbitt could be a martyr. I don’t recall the Post ever questioning the view that George Floyd could be seen that way.

I don’t consider Floyd or Babbitt martyrs, but Babbitt is a stronger candidate for that status.

Floyd was a career criminal. He encountered the police on the day of his death because he was trying to pass a counterfeit bill. He encountered police violence because he ferociously resisted arrest.

Babbitt had no history of criminal behavior, as far as I know. She encountered the police not because she was trying enrich herself unjustly, like Floyd did, but because she was engaging in political protest. The protest took an unlawful and highly distasteful form, which precludes martyr status as far as I’m concerned. But Babbitt was acting selflessly, which makes her more sympathetic than Floyd in my eyes.

Unlike Floyd, Babbitt did not fight the police. As far as I can tell, she committed no violent act.

Yet, Dawsey and Schwartzman seem offended by the fact that Babbitt’s death has led to protests. They blame it on Donald Trump and others who, they say, are trying to “rewrite the narrative of one of the darkest days in the nation’s history.” They don’t accept the idea that people might genuinely be upset that a police officer would shoot an unarmed woman and that neither the name of the officer nor the facts supposedly justifying the killing has ever been made public.

More: https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2021/08/ashli-babbitt-and-george-floyd-compare-and-contrast.php

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Ashli Babbitt and George Floyd, compare and contrast
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2021, 12:04:15 pm »
The sickening MSM double standard which had always been there to a certain degree has become insisiduous and evil.

There will be no change in this country untl they are taken down for good.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline skeeter

Re: Ashli Babbitt and George Floyd, compare and contrast
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2021, 01:18:57 pm »
The sickening MSM double standard which had always been there to a certain degree has become insisiduous and evil.

There will be no change in this country untl they are taken down for good.
Even more disgusting than the predictable bias of the MSM and rats is the nauseating comments certain republican politicians have made concerning this incident. They need to pay a political price.