Author Topic: New poll: Nearly half of Republicans believe time is coming ‘to take the law into their own hands’  (Read 633 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
New poll: Nearly half of Republicans believe time is coming ‘to take the law into their own hands’
July 31, 2021 | Terresa Monroe-Hamilton

A new George Washington University poll shows that approximately 47 percent of Republicans now believe that a time is coming when “patriotic Americans have to take the law into their own hands,” highlighting the widening fracture in American politics and society.

The poll was taken regarding Americans’ faith in election systems and democratic values and its findings were both disturbing and alarming.

More than 1,700 registered voters were polled between June 4 and June 23. The survey found that support for peaceful protests, as well as free and fair elections, was almost unanimous among Republican and Democratic voters. But that is where the similarities ended. Nearly 55 percent of GOP respondents said they support the potential use of force to preserve the “traditional American way of life.” The poll claims that only 15 percent of Democrats feel the same way, giving fodder to the left who fear an uprising on the right and to President Joe Biden who is pushing his National Strategy for Countering Domestic Terrorism.

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2021/07/31/new-poll-nearly-half-of-republicans-believe-time-is-coming-to-take-the-law-into-their-own-hands-1111258/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I'm shocked!  They actually needed a poll to find this out?   Talk about a disconnect. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Shouldn't that be take the law back into their hands from the lawless?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2021, 08:33:53 pm by GtHawk »

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I'm shocked!  They actually needed a poll to find this out?   Talk about a disconnect.

Yep, if there ever was a Captain Obvious moment......
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I'm not one of them.

I think it is not only past the time,but maybe even too late.

This should have started while Boy Jorge was in office. The homo SOB was prime blackmail material,plus his whole damn family was as corrupt as hell,starting with his mama.

BTW,I hold the typical Republican voter at fault for all this. It could have been prevented by merely not voting for RINO's.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2021, 04:30:14 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
New poll: Nearly half of Republicans believe time is coming ‘to take the law into their own hands’

Sounds like the pot has heated beyond simmering, though it's not quite yet coming to a boil.

There will be one, two, or three "events yet to come" to get the flames up high enough for that...

Offline libertybele

Sounds like the pot has heated beyond simmering, though it's not quite yet coming to a boil.

There will be one, two, or three "events yet to come" to get the flames up high enough for that...

It all depends what events are coming -- joblessness and no housing is going to effect not just Republicans. Lack of food supply isn't just going to effect Republicans.  Those are flames that will be a boiling point for a lot of folks.

Beyond that ... we'll see.

Most of us have prepared.   

I love this country and our Constitution SHOULD be holding us together and it's being trampled on BIGLY!!  Once our rights are gone, we only have one choice.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Drago

• "Life is a Journey"
Also some in the UK/Scotland are fed up with govt. tyranny:

https://twitter.com/GBNEWS/status/1421539786360246276  (video clip)

http://www.neiloliver.com

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
My wife and I have had COVID twice, or so we believe.  First time, first week of JANUARY, 2020.  There was no test for COVID then, and as news of it became known, all I can say, is that we the American people were lied to from day one.  This disease was being spread long before they claim.  2nd time, we tested positive for COVID.  Both times, I was sick in bed for a week.  I thought the first time was far more debilitating.  It took another month to recover once out of bed.  Never been this sick before.

So I find fault with Trump and Biden in HOW they addressed this issue.  Poorly on both their parts.  And I believe this is a bio weapon launched intentionally by the Chinese.  And to think Fauci funded this research in a China military bio weapons lab, makes Fauci look far worse than anything Dr. Mengele did.  Mass genocide sponsored by Fauci.

Anyone here that does not think there are thousands/maybe millions of Americans that want to see many of these folks dangling from a rope, they are mistaken.  But a revolution to address all that is wrong with this destroyed republic, that just will not happen in my humble opinion, unless the shelves are bare of food, and people are starving to death.  Only with mass starvation will we see mass killing and a possible revolution, French style, where everyone in government goes to hell, fast.

Another possibility is a military takeover.  However, I see that is highly unlikely.  The military is controlled by those that survived Obama's 4,500 senior officer purge, leaving the Milley tutu types behind, who are *ss kissers of the highest order.  So, do not hold your breath for our military restoring the USA to the republic we once had.

And the Republicans, biggest bunch of spineless invertebrates I have ever seen.  Don't hold your breath for them either.

So, with JIT everything, starvation is a real possibility.  The people with food will be attacked and eliminated, unless they have the proper defenses to protect what they have. 

Offline mikezpen

the Republicans, biggest bunch of spineless invertebrates I have ever seen.

that's giving them far too much credit

Offline DefiantMassRINO

The law is already in our hands ... at the ballot box.  The party's establishments are tone deaf.  That's the bottleneck - both parties' establishments.

Some people have been in Congress almost as long as I have been alive.  In no other occupation do people work 40-50 years at the same place of employment.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"Nearly half of Republicans believe time is coming ‘to take the law into their own hands...’"

Unbelievable!
How long is it going to take for the other half to finally wake up...?

Offline dancer

Remember Gen. Mike Flynn having the citizen "digital army" take the oath?  It was all over Twitter, etc People filmed themselves taking the oath.  Several Sheriffs stated that if push came to shove, the oath takers would be deputized. 

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Shouldn't that be take the law back into their hands from the lawless?
How about enforce the law when those who are tasked with doing so will not.

I'd really like to see the actual questions asked, because some answers could be spun into "people calling for revolution", when the question might have been "Do you think that Americans should overthrow a tyrannical government, like mentioned in the Declaration of Independence?", or some variation on that theme. 

Without seeing the questions, it's difficult to gauge the responses, nor the way they are characterized.

(BTW, this sort of thing is just more PSYOP from the left, building a case that those evil Conservatives are the problem, rather than the "mostly peaceful" Communist street gangs that still rove the country in places). It all builds an image in people's heads that Conservatives are "terrorists", which is where I see the Administration going with all this.

COVID fear will only get them so far. They need a new boogeyman, and it is us.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
How about enforce the law when those who are tasked with doing so will not.

I'd really like to see the actual questions asked, because some answers could be spun into "people calling for revolution", when the question might have been "Do you think that Americans should overthrow a tyrannical government, like mentioned in the Declaration of Independence?", or some variation on that theme. 

Without seeing the questions, it's difficult to gauge the responses, nor the way they are characterized.

(BTW, this sort of thing is just more PSYOP from the left, building a case that those evil Conservatives are the problem, rather than the "mostly peaceful" Communist street gangs that still rove the country in places). It all builds an image in people's heads that Conservatives are "terrorists", which is where I see the Administration going with all this.

COVID fear will only get them so far. They need a new boogeyman, and it is us.

@Smokin Joe

If only they were smart enough to understand just how true that is,they would all run home to hide under their beds and whimper in fear.

If I and many,many others get pushed to the point where we take up our rifles and go into politics,all these people in local and national leadership positions are going to end up dead.

NOT in prisons waiting for trials and getting high-priced lawyers to get them freed or given minmum sentences,dead NOW.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2021, 12:07:53 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!