Author Topic: Justice Dept. says Trump's tax returns should be released  (Read 1007 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Justice Dept. says Trump's tax returns should be released
« on: July 30, 2021, 05:43:35 pm »
Justice Dept. says Trump's tax returns should be released
By Rebecca Beitsch and Naomi Jagoda - 07/30/21 01:28 PM EDT

The Justice Department on Friday said the Treasury Department must turn over former President Trump’s long-sought tax returns to the Democratic-led House Ways and Means Committee.

In a Friday memo from the Office of Legal Counsel (OLC), Acting Assistant Attorney General Dawn Johnsen said that the Treasury Department was required to defer to the congressional committee.

“The statute at issue here is unambiguous: ‘Upon written request’ of the chairman of one of the three congressional tax committees, the Secretary ‘shall furnish’ the requested tax information to the Committee,” Johnsen wrote in the 39-page memo.

“Applying the proper degree of deference due the Committee, we believe that there is ample basis to conclude that its June 2021 Request for former President Trump’s tax information would further the Committee’s principal stated objective of assessing the IRS’s presidential audit program—a plainly legitimate area for congressional inquiry and possible legislation.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/565652-justice-dept-says-trumps-tax-returns-should-be-released
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Justice Dept. says Trump's tax returns should be released
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2021, 05:50:27 pm »
DOJ: Donald Trump’s Tax Returns Can Be Turned Over to Congress

Joshua Caplan 30 Jul 2021

The Department of Justice said Friday that former President Donald Trump’s tax returns can be turned over to Congress.

This story is developing. Check Breitbart News for updates.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/07/30/doj-trump-tax-returns-can-be-turned-over-to-congress/
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2021, 05:52:32 pm »
Straight up fascists.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Idiot

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2021, 05:54:35 pm »
At this point who really cares.  I'd vote for him no matter what his taxes say....

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2021, 06:07:45 pm »
I would rather see Pelosi's or Schumer's tax returns.
How do you get to be worth $170, 000, 000 working as a public servant?
And that is just what she declares. Who knows how many billions and how much gold she has hidden offshore.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2021, 06:47:45 pm »
We know how Trump made his money. I have no idea how Biden (legally) got wealthy.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2021, 07:08:48 pm »
We know how Trump made his money. I have no idea how Biden (legally) got wealthy.

Or why his charitable giving is so low.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2021, 08:33:33 pm »
American Military News by Ryan Morgan  July 30, 2021

President Joe Biden’s Department of Justice told the Department of the Treasury on Friday that it must turn over former President Donald Trump’s tax returns to the House Ways and Means Committee because the committee has “invoked sufficient reasons” for the request.

The DOJ letter, authored by the department’s Office of Legal Council (OLC), says the committee’s latest June 2021 request to obtain Trump’s tax records states “former President Trump’s tax returns could reveal hidden business entanglements raising tax law and other issues, including conflicts of interest, affecting proper execution of the former President’s responsibilities,” and that an “independent examination” of those documents “might also show foreign financial influences on former President Trump that could inform relevant congressional legislation.

The OLC letter states, “These objectives are independently sufficient to justify the request for the former President’s tax records.”

“Congress and the public certainly have a compelling interest in knowing whether the President has accepted foreign emoluments or otherwise been influenced by foreign nations, and whether his or her conduct in office might be influenced by personal economic entanglements,” the letter added.

More: https://americanmilitarynews.com/2021/07/biden-doj-orders-irs-to-give-trumps-tax-returns-to-congress/

Offline skeeter

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2021, 08:35:19 pm »
Political persecution. These fascists need to be stopped.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2021, 08:50:31 pm »
Pure political persecution.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2021, 08:56:07 pm »
Well with that argument let's see the orders to the IRS to release Clinton, Obama and especially Captain Dementias tax returns. Yes I know the answer, it's NO because a close look at those traitors tax returns and investigation into their so called 'charities' will prove what huge enemies of America they really are.

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2021, 09:16:05 pm »
Pure political persecution.

Yes - I'm not sure how long we can denigrate the Russians, while our businessmen are given the same treatment. 

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2021, 09:30:53 pm »
Political persecution. These fascists need to be stopped.

Who's going to stop them and how?
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2021, 09:32:31 pm »
And there is no more "Law" in America with which to defend yourself.
Since the Communist coup, everything in America today is all 'political', especially the application of Law.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2021, 09:36:20 pm »
And there is no more "Law" in America with which to defend yourself.
Since the Communist coup, everything in America today is all 'political', especially the application of Law.

Mob Rule is recognized and the Constitution is side-stepped.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2021, 09:46:08 pm »
If they are going to dig into past Presidents finances they should open to the light of day a couple pre Trump residents.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2021, 09:55:07 pm »
I would rather see Pelosi's or Schumer's tax returns.
How do you get to be worth $170, 000, 000 working as a public servant?
And that is just what she declares. Who knows how many billions and how much gold she has hidden offshore.
[/quote

---
BINGO.  ALL OF CONGRESS...ALL OF THEM....

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2021, 09:58:23 pm »
Straight up fascists.

YES...we are in a communist country with congress and our judicial branch.   I blame Hart/Celler act 1965.  Put into law by LBJ & Teddy FOR JFK.  ALL DEMON-RATS. 

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2021, 09:58:29 pm »
At this point who really cares.  I'd vote for him no matter what his taxes say....

His returns are being turned over to the DEMS. Tax evasion and fraud = fines and jail time.  Hopefully he has a team of  lawyers ready to defend him and not as incompetent as team Giuliani.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2021, 10:00:15 pm »
President Trump’s tax returns could reveal   ...
Yep. Fishing expedition.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2021, 10:20:08 pm »
His returns are being turned over to the DEMS. Tax evasion and fraud = fines and jail time.  Hopefully he has a team of  lawyers ready to defend him and not as incompetent as team Giuliani.

They won't know if he evaded anything without serving a subpoena on Mazars for the tax workpapers ... and I'll bet none of these doofi understand financial statements.  They just want to slander him for holding foreign investments. 

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2021, 10:33:06 pm »
REVENGE: Biden Department of Justice Directly Targets Trump, Directs IRS to Give His Tax Returns to Pelosi

by Collin Rugg

The Biden Department of Justice has ruled that the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has to provide Congress with former President Donald Trump’s tax records.

The opinion, which was written by the Justice Department’s Legal Counsel team, stated that Congress has a “legitimate legislative purpose” to request former President Trump’s tax returns.

READ IT:

In assessing whether requested information could serve a legitimate legislative purpose, the Executive Branch must give due weight to Congress’s status as a co-equal branch of government. Like courts, therefore, Executive Branch officials must apply a presumption that Legislative Branch officials act in good faith and in furtherance of legitimate objectives.

When one of the congressional tax committees requests tax information pursuant to section 6103(f)(1), and has invoked facially valid reasons for its request, the Executive Branch should conclude that the request lacks a legitimate legislative purpose only in exceptional circumstances. The Chairman of the House Ways and Means Committee has invoked sufficient reasons for requesting the former President’s tax information. Under section 6103(f)(1), Treasury must furnish the information to the Committee.

CNBC reports that the opinion “is a reversal of an opinion by the same office, during the Trump administration, which had backed the IRS’ refusal to give the committee Trump’s returns.”

Corrupt Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi praised the decision, thanking Ways and Means Committee Chairman Rep. Richie Neal (D-MA) for “delivering a victory for the rule of law.”

“As Speaker, on behalf of the House of Representatives, I applaud Chairman Neal for his dignified pursuit of the truth and the Biden Administration Department of Justice for its respect for the law,” Pelosi said in a statement. “Access to former President Trump’s tax returns is a matter of national security. The American people deserve to know the facts of his troubling conflicts of interest and undermining of our security and democracy as president.”

more
https://trendingpolitics.com/revenge-biden-department-of-justice-directly-targets-trump-directs-irs-to-give-his-tax-returns-to-congress-crugg/
Support the USO

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2021, 10:36:51 pm »
The Biden Department of Justice has ruled that the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has to provide Congress with former President Donald Trump’s tax records.

The opinion, which was written by the Justice Department’s Legal Counsel team, stated that Congress has a “legitimate legislative purpose” to request former President Trump’s tax returns.

Has ruled?  The opinion?  Hell no.  Someone is confusing 'Justice Department' with 'Judicial branch'.  Courts issue rulings and opinions - not the Executive branch.  Bunch of friggin' fascists don't even hide it any more.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2021, 10:45:46 pm »
This isn't the first time the Justice Department mistook itself for the judicial branch.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2021, 11:50:51 pm »
The IRS has become the Ghestapo arm of the Democrat Party beginning with Hussein Obama.
No doubt in the coming years, anyone who is considered to be not goosestepping with the new Fascist Democrats will be subjected to interrogation by their IRS Ghestapo. Vere are your papers!