Author Topic: New Inflation Numbers Just Dropped and They're Not Good  (Read 361 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
New Inflation Numbers Just Dropped and They're Not Good
« on: July 30, 2021, 04:03:46 pm »
New Inflation Numbers Just Dropped and They're Not Good
Spencer Brown

Posted: Jul 30, 2021 11:10 AM

The U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis (BEA) released key data from June on Friday, and the news isn't good. The Federal Reserve's preferred inflation gauge showed the personal consumption expenditures (PCE) price index "increased 4.0 percent from one year ago, reflecting increases in both goods and services" as "energy prices increased 24.2 percent while food prices increased 0.9 percent."

When calculated without food and energy, "the PCE price index for June increased 3.5 percent from one year ago" according to the BEA, and that jump is raising eyebrows as the index's biggest move since 1991.

https://twitter.com/charliebilello/status/1421111714997841923

more
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/spencerbrown/2021/07/30/this-indicator-of-inflation-just-saw-its-biggest-jump-since-1991-n2593359
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: New Inflation Numbers Just Dropped and They're Not Good
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2021, 04:07:57 pm »
The Biden economy.  He owns it.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2021, 04:15:55 pm »
No! Trump!

Online LMAO

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2021, 11:39:40 am »

Our debt is going to continue to grow along with deficits. All contributing to inflation

The good news is the American public is noticing it. The bad news is, it’s going to get worse.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2021, 06:34:15 pm »
They're bragging the increase was less than predicted.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2021, 07:51:47 pm »

No! Trump!

BOTH SIDES OWN IT, at least all the way back to Bush's second term.

The focus should be on big government raping you and stealing your treasure, and quit being distracted by trying to lay blame for it on the other side.

In fact, it would be more effective to worry about your own house - That's the one you can change.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2021, 07:53:06 pm »

The focus should be on big government raping you and stealing your treasure, and quit being distracted by trying to lay blame for it on the other side.

In fact, it would be more effective to worry about your own house - That's the one you can change.

Bush's second term was an absolute fiasco!
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2021, 07:55:56 pm »
They're bragging the increase was less than predicted.

Only because they are lying about the numbers. How many more points are you paying against groceries now vs. a year ago... Two years ago... It is WAY more than 4%. More like 20.

Before the china flu I could get by on 150 bucks at the beginning of the month and another 50 toward the end of the month (run out of greens and tater chips)

Now I am running 300 a month consistently.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2021, 07:59:24 pm »
Bush's second term was an absolute fiasco!

And it has been a fiasco ever since.

Until all y'all figure out that 'It's the spending, stupid' it will continue unabated. And we ain't got far to go till hyperinflation kicks in. And then it is Katie bar the door.

I am buying whole oats by the 50lb bag.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2021, 08:08:38 pm »

until people realize it’s not one side or the other but the unelected bureaucracy that write the code and owns both sides we won’t even begin to fix it. Focusing on political parties is exactly what they want you to do. Because doing so goes NO WHERE.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2021, 08:11:37 pm by skeeter »

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2021, 08:19:36 pm »
Only because they are lying about the numbers. How many more points are you paying against groceries now vs. a year ago... Two years ago... It is WAY more than 4%. More like 20.

Before the china flu I could get by on 150 bucks at the beginning of the month and another 50 toward the end of the month (run out of greens and tater chips)

Now I am running 300 a month consistently.

I love my potato chips as well and I was shocked when I went to the store. I like Lays Wavy Chips, now they cost $3.79 and up depending on the store for a measly 7.34 oz. package!   

I am trying to do our overall grocery shopping once a month and get things like fresh vegs and milk when we run out and trying to hold to that. Groceries are easily costing us $150 - 200/mo more which is absolutely insane.

All in all we're already feeling the pinch. BIGLY!  I'm thinking we'll probably have to downsize yet again later on down the road. 
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2021, 08:34:47 pm »
until people realize it’s not one side or the other but the unelected bureaucracy that write the code and owns both sides we won’t even begin to fix it. Focusing on political parties is exactly what they want you to do. Because doing so goes NO WHERE.

THAT'S DAMN WELL RIGHT.  :beer:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2021, 08:42:19 pm »
I love my potato chips as well and I was shocked when I went to the store. I like Lays Wavy Chips, now they cost $3.79 and up depending on the store for a measly 7.34 oz. package!   

I am trying to do our overall grocery shopping once a month and get things like fresh vegs and milk when we run out and trying to hold to that. Groceries are easily costing us $150 - 200/mo more which is absolutely insane.

All in all we're already feeling the pinch. BIGLY!  I'm thinking we'll probably have to downsize yet again later on down the road.

I am not surprised at all. I am better off than most. I got a freezer full of beef, and another half full of fish, and we are about to butcher a run of chickens... Not to mention hunting and forage. What is killing me right now is that my garden fried, so I am dogging after canned goods by the case, to make up for that massive loss - Though not having to can in the middle of August is nice.

But that pantry is low, low... I have been buying canned goods already getting by, and the loss of the garden hurts bad... I was counting on that to put me back up to good.

But even with that, since I am sitting on so much meat, my grocery bill is always going to be lower than most. Still, paying half again to double a month is way out of line, and I will have to go back to eating beans with my steaks if this keeps up.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2021, 08:44:34 pm »

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2021, 09:01:39 pm »
I am not surprised at all. I am better off than most. I got a freezer full of beef, and another half full of fish, and we are about to butcher a run of chickens... Not to mention hunting and forage. What is killing me right now is that my garden fried, so I am dogging after canned goods by the case, to make up for that massive loss - Though not having to can in the middle of August is nice.

But that pantry is low, low... I have been buying canned goods already getting by, and the loss of the garden hurts bad... I was counting on that to put me back up to good.

But even with that, since I am sitting on so much meat, my grocery bill is always going to be lower than most. Still, paying half again to double a month is way out of line, and I will have to go back to eating beans with my steaks if this keeps up.

I have been in the habit for years of making sure that our freezer is full and keeping the pantry stocked. We also now have another small freezer that I keep stocked as well -- we have enough meat/froz. vegs for about 4 months and that's not counting the dehydrated food.

I'm really trying to decide in order to save $$ if I should get out of the habit of keeping the pantry and freezers stocked and just shop for what we really only need and start dipping into the stockpile of food.  We would still have the dehydrated food to fall back on and I have enough paper goods right now to last us for a couple of months. Not keeping stocked up would be a really hard habit to break. (It's also hard not to pick up extra on sale).

As for the vegs in the barrels -- most are a bust -- it looks like snails or bugs of some sort got to them.  :shrug:  We do have one watermelon that is growing...so far, so good.     

« Last Edit: July 31, 2021, 09:03:31 pm by libertybele »

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2021, 09:13:25 pm »
I have been in the habit for years of making sure that our freezer is full and keeping the pantry stocked. We also now have another small freezer that I keep stocked as well -- we have enough meat/froz. vegs for about 4 months and that's not counting the dehydrated food.

I'm really trying to decide in order to save $$ if I should get out of the habit of keeping the pantry and freezers stocked and just shop for what we really only need and start dipping into the stockpile of food.  We would still have the dehydrated food to fall back on and I have enough paper goods right now to last us for a couple of months. Not keeping stocked up would be a really hard habit to break. (It's also hard not to pick up extra on sale).

Well, mine is not prepper logic, just typical country wisdom, and the result of farm life and hunting. One thing about the farm, as a rule you always have too much... So long as you are willing to put it up...

And you may remember winter from your time in AK. It is just a natural function in the rural north to stock up for the cold months. Generally, home canning is best eaten in 3 years, so that is sorta the outside limit of stocking up... I am typically going to have a year laying around, except in the spring and early summer, when I am usually down a ways from eating on it all winter.

But because of covid, I not only ate on it all winter, but all the way through the summer too. Even now, as low as I am, I am way good on meat (likely with a deer and an elk coming this fall). If everything goes as it does, by winter I will have close to 2 years of meat. and I am sitting about the same in dry goods (except four and sugar) like beans, rice, and pasta and such... So I have a great overage really...

But what's really on the shelf, capable of making real meals and not just beef and beans, I am maybe somewhere around 3 or 4 months right now, and like I said, that is normally a year or two... So I am WAY low, and fighting to get enough to comfortably make it to the next harvest, and pray for a good one.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2021, 09:21:47 pm »
Well, mine is not prepper logic, just typical country wisdom, and the result of farm life and hunting. One thing about the farm, as a rule you always have too much... So long as you are willing to put it up...

And you may remember winter from your time in AK. It is just a natural function in the rural north to stock up for the cold months. Generally, home canning is best eaten in 3 years, so that is sorta the outside limit of stocking up... I am typically going to have a year laying around, except in the spring and early summer, when I am usually down a ways from eating on it all winter.

But because of covid, I not only ate on it all winter, but all the way through the summer too. Even now, as low as I am, I am way good on meat (likely with a deer and an elk coming this fall). If everything goes as it does, by winter I will have close to 2 years of meat. and I am sitting about the same in dry goods (except four and sugar) like beans, rice, and pasta and such... So I have a great overage really...

But what's really on the shelf, capable of making real meals and not just beef and beans, I am maybe somewhere around 3 or 4 months right now, and like I said, that is normally a year or two... So I am WAY low, and fighting to get enough to comfortably make it to the next harvest, and pray for a good one.

Sounds like you're pretty set. Praying that your next harvest will be a good one.  :beer:

Offline rustynail

« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2021, 09:35:20 pm »

'New Inflation Numbers Just Dropped and They're Not Good'  Seniors have nothing to worry about, Social Security has a COLA!