Author Topic: You Can't Be Friends with Conservatives?  (Read 78 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
You Can't Be Friends with Conservatives?
« on: July 30, 2021, 03:43:56 pm »
You Can't Be Friends with Conservatives?
Tim Graham

Posted: Jul 30, 2021 12:01 AM

One of the most obvious misconceptions about liberals today is that they personify tolerance. The Oxford English Dictionary defines tolerance as "the ability or willingness to tolerate something, in particular the existence of opinions or behavior that one does not necessarily agree with.

A recent poll by the Survey Center on American Life at the American Enterprise Institute found that Democrats are twice as likely as Republicans to report ending a friendship over a political disagreement (20% versus 10%). Liberals are also "far more likely than conservatives are to say they are no longer friends with someone due to political differences" (28% versus 10%). However, "no group is more likely to end a friendship over political differences than liberal women -- 33% responded they stopped a friendship over politics."

This was underlined by CBS News digital reporter Kathryn Watson, who tweeted out a chart of some of these numbers, adding, "This is so wild to me. I can't imagine not having friends across the political spectrum." Twitchy.com captured a flock of "tolerant" leftists expressing hot outrage at this notion.

First up was Aaron Rupar, a Vox reporter who's popular on lefty Twitter: "It's hard to be friends with intolerant and irrational people." That's classic: I'm not intolerant. I am intolerant of the intolerant.

more
https://townhall.com/columnists/timgraham/2021/07/30/you-cant-be-friends-with-conservatives-n2593344
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34