Author Topic: Twitter is slammed for LOCKING account of conservative commentator Dave Rubin  (Read 393 times)

Online Hoodat

'Everything he said was 100% accurate!' Twitter is slammed for LOCKING account of conservative commentator Dave Rubin after he tweeted COVID vaccines weren't working as promised and suggested booster shots were on the horizon

RACHEL SHARP   |   PUBLISHED: 09:43 EDT, 30 July 2021   |   UPDATED: 10:16 EDT, 30 July 2021

Twitter has come under fire for locking the account of conservative commentator Dave Rubin over a post where he said COVID-19 vaccines aren't working as promised, officials want a federal mandate and booster shots are in the works.

Rubin, whose new book is released today, tweeted Thursday evening that society should 'take a pause' amid the vaccine rollout. 

'They want a federal vaccine mandate for vaccines which are clearly not working as promised just weeks ago,' he wrote.

'People are getting and transmitting Covid despite vax. Plus now they're prepping us for booster shots. A sane society would take a pause. We do not live in a sane society.' 

Twitter temporarily locked Rubin's account, determining that the post violated its policy on 'spreading misleading and potentially harmful information related to COVID-19.'

He was informed by the social media giant that his account access would be fully restored in 12 hours if he removed the tweet. He did, but said it was 'against his better judgment.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9843871/Twitter-LOCKS-account-conservative-commentator-Dave-Rubin-COVID-vaccines-tweet.html

Rubin should not have caved.  He posted the truth about Covid.  But Twitter only wants misinformation.  I think George Orwell wrote a book about this.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
What a coincidence. I had my account locked this evening, the first time. My offense?

A rando on some thread I don't remember started spouting off on the Delta variant and started talking about "mask up. keep distance. fear strangers."

And I replied: "Die alone. Fail to reproduce." (Because this whole disaster has interfered with intimacy on an incredibly deep level.)

Which she took as harassment and abuse against her personally. (I didn't realize until afterward that she was a lesbian.) So my account is locked until tomorrow morning. Meanwhile, the Cancel Everything crowd is running rampant on there tonight again.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Hoodat

What a coincidence. I had my account locked this evening, the first time. My offense?

A rando on some thread I don't remember started spouting off on the Delta variant and started talking about "mask up. keep distance. fear strangers."

And I replied: "Die alone. Fail to reproduce." (Because this whole disaster has interfered with intimacy on an incredibly deep level.)

Which she took as harassment and abuse against her personally. (I didn't realize until afterward that she was a lesbian.) So my account is locked until tomorrow morning. Meanwhile, the Cancel Everything crowd is running rampant on there tonight again.

And it's only 1933.  Just wait until they start forming up cadres of Einsatzgruppen.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-