Author Topic: What’s keeping Arizona Sen. Kyrsten Sinema from switching to the Republican Party?  (Read 394 times)

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
This paper must be a liberal rag the way they demand the handouts and free money.

Elvia Díaz
Arizona Republic
What’s keeping Arizona Sen. Kyrsten Sinema from switching to the Republican Party?

And no. Raising party affiliation isn’t just a tantrum from progressives angry over her latest jaw-dropping revelation that she’s torching the Democrat’s $3.5 trillion spending proposal.

It’s a serious question because she has done nothing but the bidding of Republicans by allowing just about every legislation to be blocked given the current 50-50 Senate split and the 60-vote threshold to approve bills. Now she's even torching the Democrats' budget reconciliation bill which wouldn't require the blessing of any Republican.

“I do not support a bill that costs $3.5 trillion,’’ Sinema said in a written statement Wednesday. Instead, she added, she’ll support “beginning the process.”

“I will work in good faith to develop this legislation with my colleagues and the administration to strengthen Arizona's economy and help Arizona's everyday families get ahead,” she added.

Whatever that means. What we do know is that without her support, the budget reconciliation package is effectively dead.

That’s not just a whiplash. It’s a lethal blow to President Joe Biden’s package that includes – among things – money to expand Medicare, to pay for universal pre-kindergarten, caregiving for the disabled and elderly.

Democrats had also hoped to tuck an immigration package to the reconciliation bill to legalize the Dreamers, farmworkers and those with temporary status known as TPS.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/opinion/op-ed/elviadiaz/2021/07/28/sinema-just-torched-reconciliation-plan-she-really-democrat/5409137001/
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Lol!  Díaz has been FOS for years.  Nothing new from the AZ Repulsive.

So Sinema isn't 100% lockstep with Pelosi and Schumer.  BFD.  She's still a far-left Senator  and Mark Kelly is even more of a p*ssy than she is.  But...she's a lot sexier.  This broad was my Congressrat when I moved out of her Phoenix District.

That said, I will applaud her for refusing to shred the filibuster.  I like that. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
She needs our support in that regard.

And I think she could be flipped. 

She wouldn't be a great GOP senator, but I think she'd be better in the GOP caucus than the democratic caucus.

I like her. 

Thumbs down and all !!!!!!