Author Topic: Newsom predicts ‘profound consequences’ for Democrats nationwide if he loses recall election  (Read 641 times)

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
California Gov. Gavin Newsom asserted on Thursday that his fellow Democrats underestimate the importance of what his recall election means for them.

Newsom said his fate and his party’s are one, offering a warning about the consequences Democrats could face for “many, many years” at the hands of Republicans in the event that he loses in September.

“I don’t think the national Democratic Party’s asking themselves that question,” Newsom told a group of journalists with California’s McClatchy-owned newspapers. “If this was a successful recall, I think it would have profound consequences nationwide and go to not just politics, but to policy and policymaking.”

Newsom used the term “weaponization” to describe how Republicans elsewhere could try and use the process to topple Democrats, and he also said a loss could advantage the GOP in the 2022 midterm elections.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/newsom-warns-of-consequences-in-recall

Smells of desperation from the next Grey Davis.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
He is truly a modest fellow,isn't he?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

Yes indeed.   :beer:

Offline skeeter

But there will be profound consequences. Just not in the way he suggests.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Translation:

Gimme moneeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! I want moneeeeeeeeeeee!!!! Donate to my campaign!!!!!!!!
The Republic is lost.

Offline roamer_1

I think he's right. I think his ouster would be a fitting bellwether predicting whether liberal states have damnwell had enough... and so I will watch his predictable fall with glee.

Offline skeeter

I think he's right. I think his ouster would be a fitting bellwether predicting whether liberal states have damnwell had enough... and so I will watch his predictable fall with glee.
He has mandated mail-in ballots for the rest of this year. So although I wish I could be as sanguine I am not.

Offline libertybele

Sounds like a threat. Will people take him seriously enough to vote for him or is he damaged goods? 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Bele asks:
"Sounds like a threat. Will people take him seriously enough to vote for him or is he damaged goods?"

I'll call it here first:
Newsom will squeak by and survive the recall by a very small margin of victory.

But he'll make it.

Offline skeeter

Bele asks:
"Sounds like a threat. Will people take him seriously enough to vote for him or is he damaged goods?"

I'll call it here first:

But he'll make it.
They're printing the ballots that will put him over the top as we speak.

Offline Wingnut

Bele asks:

I'll call it here first:

But he'll make it.

And declare it is a mandate! 

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
And declare it is a mandate!
Man date? does he swing that way?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
He has mandated mail-in ballots for the rest of this year. So although I wish I could be as sanguine I am not.

@skeeter

I don't think so. He has probably screwed one or more prominent Dims out of their share of the take from deals with the Chinese and Arabs,so now he is desperately calling on the mindless Dim drones to bail him out with campaign cash so he has enough money to buy the necessary votes.

Otherwise why would he be allowing himself to be seen in such unsighly panic in public? It makes the rest of the Dims look bad.

Offline skeeter

@skeeter

I don't think so. He has probably screwed one or more prominent Dims out of their share of the take from deals with the Chinese and Arabs,so now he is desperately calling on the mindless Dim drones to bail him out with campaign cash so he has enough money to buy the necessary votes.

Otherwise why would he be allowing himself to be seen in such unsighly panic in public? It makes the rest of the Dims look bad.
California is a one party state if there ever was such a thing. They've been stealing elections here since the 90's, they're not even very careful about it now. Plus we have an illegal population numbering in the millions, AND we have motor voter. Heck we have illegals working IN the government. They will never allow their golden boy to be tossed out, as much as I wish it were so.

However, if he is I will HAPPILY cut your grass & wash your car for the rest of this decade.

« Last Edit: August 01, 2021, 12:15:39 am by skeeter »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
California is a one party state if there ever was such a thing. They've been stealing elections here since the 90's, they're not even very careful about it now. Plus we have an illegal population numbering in the millions, AND we have motor voter. Heck we have illegals working IN the government. They will never allow their golden boy to be tossed out, as much as I wish it were so.

However, if he is I will HAPPILY cut your grass & wash your car for the rest of this decade.

@skeeter

What,and have my friends and neighbors think I am getting uppity?

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Gavin Newsom: Democrats will face ‘Profound Consequences Nationwide’ in 2022 if Recall Successful

Jacob Bliss 31 Jul 2021

California Democrat Gov. Gavin Newsom, who is facing an upcoming recall effort in September, said during an interview on Thursday that the Democrats could face “profound consequences nationwide” in the midterm elections next year if the recall effort against him is successful.

Newsom predicted that nationwide, Democrats would see “consequences” from his recall effort for “many, many years,” and it might help Republicans in the upcoming midterm elections. During the interview with the editorial boards of the McClatchy Newspapers, Newsom also noted that he does not think the Democrats are considering the consequences of him possibly losing.

“I don’t think the national Democratic Party’s asking themselves that question,” Newsom told them. “If this was a successful recall, I think it would have profound consequences nationwide and go to not just politics, but to policy and policymaking.”

The governor predicted that Republicans could weaponize the recall process against more California officials in the 2022 midterms, such as House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) and Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-CA).

The Sacramento Bee noted, “Newsom and his Democratic allies argue that’s really what’s motivating the recall effort — a chance for Republicans to install one of their own candidates during a special election when Democrats will be less likely to vote.”

California Lt. Gov. Eleni Kounalakis (D) announced earlier in the month the recall election date is set for September 14 for the special gubernatorial recall election. The recall ballots will ask two questions: First, should Newsom be removed, yes or no? The second question is a list of possible replacement candidates to choose from.

Breitbart previously reported, “Newsom will be the second governor in California’s history to face a recall election. The last, Democrat Gray Davis, was recalled in 2003 and replaced by Republican actor-turned-politician Arnold Schwarzenegger.”

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/07/31/gavin-newsom-democrats-recall-successful/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
"Me,me,ME! It's all about ME,dammit!"

Offline PeteS in CA

Yeppers, the voters are revolting!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline dfwgator

Bele asks:

I'll call it here first:

But he'll make it.

And be hailed as "The Comeback Kid" by the media, who will tout him in 2024 for the Rat Nomination.

Offline skeeter

And be hailed as "The Comeback Kid" by the media, who will tout him in 2024 for the Rat Nomination.
Some here are under the (mistaken) impression the upcoming recall election will be on the level.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Some here are under the (mistaken) impression the upcoming recall election will be on the level.
I am assuming it will not be. That said, any having to stop and game the system like we saw in 2020 will be a clear signal that they are actively stealing elections.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline skeeter

I am assuming it will not be. That said, any having to stop and game the system like we saw in 2020 will be a clear signal that they are actively stealing elections.
California is a demographic polyglot of communities with nothing in common, in many cases not even speaking the same language. There're millions of illegals and virtually NO oversight of our corrupt state bureaucracy of any kind. It is a third world country.

Greasy Gavin cheating his way to victory will not be difficult at all.