Author Topic: Biden Sends Back 27 Cuban Rafters amid Deadly Communist Oppression  (Read 1290 times)

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: Biden Sends Back 27 Cuban Rafters amid Deadly Communist Oppression
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2021, 06:03:20 pm »

I remember growing up in the 50's that it seemed like everybody I met was part American Indian. Or thought/claimed they were.
I remember that there used to be a lot of descendants of 'Indian Princess's'. :silly: And I have run into more than a few Americans of Native American ancestry that opined as to how every White Man stole their land and owed them reparations like Blacks(every one of them was descended of slaves don't ya know) and had joy in setting them straight at least to my ancestors. I have noticed that racists and bigots come in more colors than just white.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2021, 06:35:40 pm »
I remember that there used to be a lot of descendants of 'Indian Princess's'. :silly: And I have run into more than a few Americans of Native American ancestry that opined as to how every White Man stole their land and owed them reparations like Blacks(every one of them was descended of slaves don't ya know) and had joy in setting them straight at least to my ancestors. I have noticed that racists and bigots come in more colors than just white.
My ancestors, land grant in hand happened to be where two tribes were fighting over the same land. (Nanticoke and Powhatan). They struck a deal and bought the land from both tribes.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online GtHawk

« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2021, 01:59:47 am »
My ancestors, land grant in hand happened to be where two tribes were fighting over the same land. (Nanticoke and Powhatan). They struck a deal and bought the land from both tribes.
I'm sure some NA will still say that your ancestors cheated those tribes...just how many strings of beads did the land cost?  :beer:

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2021, 06:58:39 am »
I'm sure some NA will still say that your ancestors cheated those tribes...just how many strings of beads did the land cost?  :beer:
More likely iron tools. Beads and trinkets were a more northern thing, although I did find a number of clay pipe stem segments and a bowl. One of the pipe stems was stamped "Liverpool". but there is no guarantee those were used by the natives, or not segments of stem repurposed as beads.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online GtHawk

« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2021, 05:03:09 pm »
More likely iron tools. Beads and trinkets were a more northern thing, although I did find a number of clay pipe stem segments and a bowl. One of the pipe stems was stamped "Liverpool". but there is no guarantee those were used by the natives, or not segments of stem repurposed as beads.
My family are newbies circa 1952-3 but my wife's family(both sides) has been here a very long time. Her mothers from Oklahoma and some connections to Quanah Parker well diluted over the intervening decades.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2021, 05:37:12 pm »
Back to Biden and the left.

They obviously don't see sending Cuban refugees back to Communist Cuba because they think Communism is just peachy,and a better form of government just can't be found.

Of course,them sitting at the top of the pile of bodi.es may influence their viewpoints.

No so sure they would be fans if they worked a production line in a factory and lived in factory communal apartments.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2021, 05:56:55 am »
My family are newbies circa 1952-3 but my wife's family(both sides) has been here a very long time. Her mothers from Oklahoma and some connections to Quanah Parker well diluted over the intervening decades.
We joked with my folks about me marrying a girl from an 'older family'.
Mom's side goes back to 1641 in MD, but my wife is Chippewa. happy77

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2021, 07:03:43 am »
We joked with my folks about me marrying a girl from an 'older family'.
Mom's side goes back to 1641 in MD, but my wife is Chippewa. happy77

@Smokin Joe

My grandmother was a full-blooded Tuscarora,and one of the scariest-looking women I have ever seen a photo of.

The women I have talked with that knew her all claimed she was the smartest woman any of them ever met,and she lived amongst the whites with her white husband with no racial problems at all.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2021, 08:35:53 am »
@Smokin Joe

My grandmother was a full-blooded Tuscarora,and one of the scariest-looking women I have ever seen a photo of.

The women I have talked with that knew her all claimed she was the smartest woman any of them ever met,and she lived amongst the whites with her white husband with no racial problems at all.
I haven't had any problems, but my wife's people were hunters for the fur traders, and were armed early. They remain proficient with firearms, and there are many skilled hunters in the family. My wife is a crack shot (keeps me honest  :laugh:), but I bought a rifle for her as one of the first gifts I got her. She may not have the formal education I do, but she is smart, and knows things I do not. Had her Aunt not died before she had the opportunity to learn the herbal pharmacopia, she'd have all that, too,but did not want to become a Medicine Woman, because there are spiritual aspects to that that many whites scoff at, but can be downright dangerous.

Shakespeare did get one thing right: "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy." And even as a reasonably level headed scientist, yep, there are phenomena I can't explain with orthodox scientific means. Having experienced some of that, I am far less skeptical of things which ordinary science often summarily dismisses because it does not comply with dogmatic orthodoxy.
But then, maybe some day.
In the past speaking with someone miles away through a box would have been similarly dismissed, or considered cause to burn someone at the stake--now we do it all the time. :shrug:
Anyhow, it has been a good union.

C S Lewis