Exclusive Content > Editorials

For Simone Biles, hubris persists in humiliation

<< < (2/6) > >>

Absalom:
Adversity lurks in every action a Man takes.
The coward masks his fear, runs away, shouting excuses,
while the valiant grasps this, confronts it and conquers it.

DB:
I think a lot of blame goes to the media. They put her on an alter and then elevated her further because she was black. They set expectations into the stratosphere while fawning over her life. And now that she's folded the media gets to write all about that bringing in more clicks.

They are destroyers of people.

dfwgator:

--- Quote from: DB on July 29, 2021, 02:33:48 am ---I think a lot of blame goes to the media. They put her on an alter and then elevated her further because she was black. They set expectations into the stratosphere while fawning over her life. And now that she's folded the media gets to write all about that bringing in more clicks.

They are destroyers of people.

--- End quote ---

Wasn't this basically what Rush Limbaugh said about Donovan McNabb,   that the media put him on a pedestal because of his skin color?

libertybele:
Simone Biles has accomplished moves that no other gymnast accomplished.  With her talent and  being used to competing I was surprised that she flinched and  gave up on her chance at the gold.

I don't think the media put her on a pedestal because of race, rather they put her on a pedestal because of her talent.

You are right @jmyrlefuller she is after all human.  She's now having to live with her decision.

Btw @jmyrlefuller great commentary!!

Bigun:
Has @jmyrlefuller found his true calling?  Could be if this is an example!

Well done!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version