Author Topic: McConnell: 'It never occurred to me' convincing Americans to get vaccinated would be difficult  (Read 795 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
McConnell: 'It never occurred to me' convincing Americans to get vaccinated would be difficult
By Caroline Vakil - 07/28/21 08:17 PM EDT

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) said on Wednesday that he did not realize it would be difficult to convince Americans to take the COVID-19 vaccine as the nation deals with soaring cases occurring in the unvaccinated.

“Here, we did -- developed three highly effective vaccines in under one year. Honestly, it never occurred to me we would have difficulty getting people to take the vaccine,” McConnell told Fox Business Network host Larry Kudlow, a former White House official.

“So, clearly, we have got a job to do to try to convince reluctant Americans of all types who seem to be holding back, unconvinced that this is the right thing to do,” McConnell added.

McConnell said that the subject of vaccines hit close to home for him as a polio survivor, noting it took decades to develop vaccines for it.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/565379-mcconnell-it-never-occurred-to-me-we-would-have-difficulty-getting-people-to
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
After contracting polio at age two, he recovered through his mother's vigorous therapy sessions.

Hummmm.   If he really had polio he should be suffering from post polio syndrome by now.  I'm calling bullshit.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
This is the problem with our country today. Our "leaders" don't understand our people, or our country.
Let it burn.

Online Hoodat

McConnell: 'It never occurred to me' convincing Americans to get vaccinated would be difficult

It never occurred to me that our government would lie this much about a disease.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline skeeter

It never occurred to McConnell, leader of the most august deliberative body in the nation, there are 340 million unique individuals in America. Thats a confidence builder.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2021, 01:35:53 am by skeeter »

Offline mountaineer

Does he believe this is his job? He's not a doctor and he certainly isn't my doctor, so he can butt out of my medical decisionmaking.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
It's shocking how few things ever "occur to him." 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online rustynail

Uniparty controlled opposition Decepticon says what?

Offline LegalAmerican

It never occurred to McConnell, leader of the most august deliberative body in the nation, there are 340 million unique individuals in America. Thats a confidence builder.

:bingo:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
It's shocking how few things ever "occur to him."

Naw!  Not really if you think about it.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Hoodat

The Invisible Hand is a wonderful thing.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline bilo

The sad part is that legally the govt can force everyone to take the vaccine, if it is truly a national health disaster.

The State media keeps promoting the idea that the China Virus and now the India variant are a national health issue. Deaths are way down, therapeutic's work, and doctor's have a good idea how to treat the infected effectively. However, everyone wants to run around if fear so we will all end up being forced to take a vaccine we don't want, or need. 
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline LegalAmerican

The sad part is that legally the govt can force everyone to take the vaccine, if it is truly a national health disaster.

The State media keeps promoting the idea that the China Virus and now the India variant are a national health issue. Deaths are way down, therapeutic's work, and doctor's have a good idea how to treat the infected effectively. However, everyone wants to run around if fear so we will all end up being forced to take a vaccine we don't want, or need.

NOTHING AGAINST YOU;  Just a spot to agree with you and say a few thing to "OTHERS'.

From a new cold virus....coronavirus....it will always mutate.  Agenda 21 and agenda 30.  Reduce population. Some have said the real bioweapon is the ..vaccine.  FOOD FOR THOUGHT.
Bill Gates said he wants to remove 90% of the population.  He and Soros are buying up all vaccines. Believe what you want , leave the rest, but at least.... THINK!

Offline Killer Clouds

WRONG!

Offline bilo

WRONG!

What part is wrong?

I believe it was established in 1905 that the govt can force people to take a vaccine.

Online Hoodat

I will have to disagree on this one.  Amendment III protects an individual from having troops quartered in his home without his consent.  So much more so for an injection quartered in his body without consent.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Killer Clouds

What part is wrong?

I believe it was established in 1905 that the govt can force people to take a vaccine.
That's what's WRONG! The government can't force you to take any vaccine.

Offline bilo

I will have to disagree on this one.  Amendment III protects an individual from having troops quartered in his home without his consent.  So much more so for an injection quartered in his body without consent.

https://www.history.com/news/smallpox-vaccine-supreme-court

The last two paragraphs of the article say the SCOTUS has set the precedent that the govt can force you to take a vaccine. I don't agree with the decision, but that's the SCOTUS for you when you need them to keep govt out of your life they fail you more often than not.

Offline bilo

That's what's WRONG! The government can't force you to take any vaccine.

I don't like it, but I think it's the law.

Online Hoodat

The last two paragraphs of the article say the SCOTUS has set the precedent that the govt can force you to take a vaccine.

SCOTUS set the precedent on segregation in 1896.  But it didn't make it lawful.  Regardless of their decision, it still violated the 14th Amendment.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline bilo

SCOTUS set the precedent on segregation in 1896.  But it didn't make it lawful.  Regardless of their decision, it still violated the 14th Amendment.

Amen brother!

I think the ever growing demands by govt are going to lead us to separating. I have had enough of these leftists and govt that only exists to serve itself and they've made it very clear that they don't want me around either. I just wish we would get on with finding a way to have a peaceful divorce.

Online Hoodat

Jacobson v. Massachusetts

Even with this law, the government effectively gave you a choice of getting vaccinated or paying a $5 fine.  It compelled a person to get a vaccine (through threat of fine), but did not force one to get a vaccine.

This is no different from ObamaCare, where a person either had to get insurance, or pay a fine.  I don't know anyone here who would argue that ObamaCare was legal.

Ironically, the only Justice to dissent in Plessy v. Ferguson was the same Justice who wrote the majority opinion here.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

SCOTUS said that Texas, joined by 25 other states. lacked "standing" to sue Pennsylvania for its violations of the constitution as well. December 11, 2020, a date that will live in infamy.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline bilo

Jacobson v. Massachusetts

Even with this law, the government effectively gave you a choice of getting vaccinated or paying a $5 fine.  It compelled a person to get a vaccine (through threat of fine), but did not force one to get a vaccine.

This is no different from ObamaCare, where a person either had to get insurance, or pay a fine.  I don't know anyone here who would argue that ObamaCare was legal.

Ironically, the only Justice to dissent in Plessy v. Ferguson was the same Justice who wrote the majority opinion here.

https://www.health.nd.gov/sites/www/files/documents/COVID%20Vaccine%20Page/COVID-19_Vaccine_Fetal_Cell_Handout.pdf

I've thought about this a lot and regardless of what others say I won't take a vaccine that used aborted baby stem cells for development, or testing. It's a line I won't cross!

So if the govt demands I take a China Virus vaccine it's going to become a hill I'm willing to die on.

Offline bilo

SCOTUS said that Texas, joined by 25 other states. lacked "standing" to sue Pennsylvania for its violations of the constitution as well. December 11, 2020, a date that will live in infamy.

:amen: