General Category > Politics/Government

McConnell: 'It never occurred to me' convincing Americans to get vaccinated would be difficult

(1/6) > >>

mystery-ak:
McConnell: 'It never occurred to me' convincing Americans to get vaccinated would be difficult
By Caroline Vakil - 07/28/21 08:17 PM EDT

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) said on Wednesday that he did not realize it would be difficult to convince Americans to take the COVID-19 vaccine as the nation deals with soaring cases occurring in the unvaccinated.

“Here, we did -- developed three highly effective vaccines in under one year. Honestly, it never occurred to me we would have difficulty getting people to take the vaccine,” McConnell told Fox Business Network host Larry Kudlow, a former White House official.

“So, clearly, we have got a job to do to try to convince reluctant Americans of all types who seem to be holding back, unconvinced that this is the right thing to do,” McConnell added.

McConnell said that the subject of vaccines hit close to home for him as a polio survivor, noting it took decades to develop vaccines for it.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/565379-mcconnell-it-never-occurred-to-me-we-would-have-difficulty-getting-people-to

Wingnut:
After contracting polio at age two, he recovered through his mother's vigorous therapy sessions.

Hummmm.   If he really had polio he should be suffering from post polio syndrome by now.  I'm calling bullshit.

Ghost Bear:
This is the problem with our country today. Our "leaders" don't understand our people, or our country.

Hoodat:

--- Quote ---McConnell: 'It never occurred to me' convincing Americans to get vaccinated would be difficult

--- End quote ---

It never occurred to me that our government would lie this much about a disease.

skeeter:
It never occurred to McConnell, leader of the most august deliberative body in the nation, there are 340 million unique individuals in America. Thats a confidence builder.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version