General Category > Immigration/Border

Report: ICE Agents Told Not to Arrest, Deport Illegal Alien Sex Offenders

(1/1)

mystery-ak:
Report: ICE Agents Told Not to Arrest, Deport Illegal Alien Sex Offenders

John Binder 28 Jul 2021

Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agents have been told not to arrest and deport certain illegal alien sex offenders, Senate Republicans said this week in congressional testimony.

During a Senate Homeland Security Committee hearing on Tuesday, Sens. Josh Hawley (R-MO) and James Lankford (R-OK) detailed two cases where ICE agents said they were told by top Department of Homeland Security (DHS) officials not to arrest and deport convicted illegal alien sex offenders.

“‘It’s absolutely not true that ICE officers have been told not to arrest people,’ that’s what you said earlier today. That astounds me … ICE officers have asked me to ask you about the instructions your guidance has given them not to arrest individuals,” Hawley said:

--- Quote ---    For instance, the National ICE Council, that’s the ICE union, has asked me to ask you — because they can’t get answers from you so they’re asking me to do it — why ICE officers who have requested permission to go after an illegal alien who is convicted of sexual assault of a minor under 14 years of age were denied the ability to go and arrest this person.

Sen. Lankford raised another case where ICE officers were directed not to pursue a previously deported alien who was convicted of indecency with a child by sexual contact and confined for five years. This is a registered sex offender and ICE officers were told not to remove this criminal alien.
--- End quote ---

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/07/28/hawley-ice-mayorkas-sex-offenders/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version