General Category > Editorial/Opinion/Blogs

The CDC's Hysterical Delta Flip-Flop Might Be Its Final Undoing

(1/1)

mystery-ak:

The CDC's Hysterical Delta Flip-Flop Might Be Its Final Undoing
By Jeffrey Tucker

The crazy, convoluted, mixed up messaging from the CDC – it's been this way from the beginning of the pandemic until now – has taken yet another turn. Now the CDC is recommending masks not just for the unvaccinated but for the vaccinated too. This is supposedly because of the discovery that the variant known as Delta is making an end-run around the vaccines, causing not only infections but infectious spread.

So we have an odd situation developing. The layperson’s understanding of a vaccine is that it protects a person against infection, like measles or smallpox. In other words, you won’t get Covid, exactly as President Biden accidentally and apparently inaccurately said in a press conference last week. That is apparently untrue in this case. That realization seemed to dawn on people only a few weeks ago, as reports from Israel revealed that half the new infections listed were with people who had been fully vaccinated.

I pity anyone who took a few weeks’ vacation from the news during this period. We went from believing that the whole point of the vaccines was to protect against infection to realizing that this was not the case. You can still get the bug. The point of the vaccines, we were newly told, is to protect against severe outcomes. Okay, that’s reasonable enough except that we know the demographics of severe outcomes, and hence the question presents itself: why is the policy priority near-universal vaccination?

more
https://www.realclearmarkets.com/articles/2021/07/28/the_cdcs_hysterical_delta_flip-flop_might_be_its_final_undoing_787443.html

IsailedawayfromFR:
 :crossed: :crossed:

cato potatoe:
The CDC has betrayed the taxpayers, and has lost credibiltiy with anyone who paid attention.  It's sad to watch the left obliterate one institution after another.  This decision will cost many lives.

jafo2010:
The CDC has been out to lunch through the entire pandemic.   Literally!!!

I know for fact that many at the CDC were extreme anti Trumpers when he was POTUS.  Now, under their new director, they took a step into the Twilight Zone for incompetence.  I also know a number of top folks at the CDC have left.  They either retired or just left in disgust.  The current director, perhaps more than anyone involved with government, looks like the deer in the headlights every time she is interviewed.  Utterly clueless, I do not care how many letters she has after her name.

The one thing emerging from this pandemic I know for absolute certain is that we need to have regular, unscheduled visits/inspections by federal folks for all nursing homes.  We have feds inspecting meat, but we do not have anyone paying attention to what is happening to seniors in nursing homes.  Their care is criminal, and part of the reason so many of them have died with this pandemic.  Elected officials like the Cuomos of the world see them fully expendable.  Cuomo and several other Dem governors committed genocide from my view.  Just no excuse for their decisions that killed thousands unnecessarily, particularly after the nursing home deaths in the state of Washington when the pandemic kicked off.

libertybele:

--- Quote from: jafo2010 on July 30, 2021, 12:47:01 am ---The CDC has been out to lunch through the entire pandemic.   Literally!!!

I know for fact that many at the CDC were extreme anti Trumpers when he was POTUS.  Now, under their new director, they took a step into the Twilight Zone for incompetence.  I also know a number of top folks at the CDC have left.  They either retired or just left in disgust.  The current director, perhaps more than anyone involved with government, looks like the deer in the headlights every time she is interviewed.  Utterly clueless, I do not care how many letters she has after her name.

The one thing emerging from this pandemic I know for absolute certain is that we need to have regular, unscheduled visits/inspections by federal folks for all nursing homes.  We have feds inspecting meat, but we do not have anyone paying attention to what is happening to seniors in nursing homes.  Their care is criminal, and part of the reason so many of them have died with this pandemic.  Elected officials like the Cuomos of the world see them fully expendable.  Cuomo and several other Dem governors committed genocide from my view.  Just no excuse for their decisions that killed thousands unnecessarily, particularly after the nursing home deaths in the state of Washington when the pandemic kicked off.

--- End quote ---

I have to agree with you as far as care and just hitting retirement age, it is a concern for me. Long term care is ridiculously expensive. A half-way decent retirement facility is around $4,000/mo around here and that's just assisted living.  LTC is about $7500-$10,000/mo depending on need.  Who the heck can afford that?  I confess, I failed to take out a LTC  insurance policy.

Many seniors are left depleting assets and being placed in a Medicare (gov't) facility  and not necessarily even close to loved ones. I visited a Medicare run facility when we were looking at assisted living facilities for my father in law and I wouldn't put my dog in there. Conditions were terrible; filthy and staff was questionable. 

My FIL was lucky he was a WWII Vet and so we applied for VA benefits and along with SS we were able to find him a very nice clean facility with a large manicured courtyard, a nurse on staff,a couple of CNA's, 3 meals a day, snacks, planned events and excursions. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version