Author Topic: Sinema says she opposes $3.5T price tag for spending bill  (Read 212 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Sinema says she opposes $3.5T price tag for spending bill
« on: July 28, 2021, 07:38:29 pm »
Sinema says she opposes $3.5T price tag for spending bill
By Jordain Carney - 07/28/21 02:51 PM EDT

Sen. Kyrsten Sinema (D-Ariz.) said Wednesday that she does not support the $3.5 trillion price tag for a sweeping spending package at the center of President Biden’s legislative agenda.

Sinema, in a statement to the Arizona Republic, said she would vote to start debate on the budget resolution, which lays the groundwork for the Democrat-only spending package, but wants changes, including to the cost of the legislation.

“I have ... made clear that while I will support beginning this process, I do not support a bill that costs $3.5 trillion — and in the coming months, I will work in good faith to develop this legislation with my colleagues and the administration to strengthen Arizona’s economy and help Arizona’s everyday families get ahead,” Sinema said in a statement to the newspaper.

Sinema’s spokesperson didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment about the new statement.

To pass the budget resolution and the subsequent $3.5 trillion bill, all 50 Senate Democrats will need to support the measures.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/565304-sinema-says-she-opposes-35t-price-tag-for-spending-bill
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Hoodat

Re: Sinema says she opposes $3.5T price tag for spending bill
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2021, 08:03:26 pm »
Since January, Sinema has already voted for a $6.5 trillion increase in our national debt.  For the right payoff, she will vote for another $3.5 trillion while wearing pink pumps, and ankle bracelet, and humming 'Kumbaya'.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Sinema says she opposes $3.5T price tag for spending bill
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2021, 08:03:32 pm »
LOL!  She carved herself a football field sized area for wiggle room.  She objects to a 3.5 Trillion bill, but is she OK with a 3.4 Trillion bill?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: