Author Topic: SARS-CoV-2 lambda variant escapes immune response via spike mutations  (Read 187 times)

Offline Hoodat

SARS-CoV-2 lambda variant escapes immune response via spike mutations

By Dr. Liji Thomas, MD   |   Aug 20 2021
Reviewed by Benedette Cuffari, M.Sc.

The severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2), which is responsible for the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), has caused almost 4.5 million deaths worldwide and infected almost 211 million as of August 19, 2021.

To date, millions of doses of the COVID-19 vaccines have been deployed globally, which has significantly reduced the rate of infections, hospitalizations, and deaths from COVID-19. Despite these efforts, emerging SARS-CoV-2 variants that evade neutralization by antibodies to earlier lineages have threatened the efficacy of current vaccines.

A new study published on the preprint server bioRxiv* explores the mechanism by which the SARS-CoV-2 lambda variant has acquired immune evasion capabilities above that of the wildtype. This appears to involve shortening of the epitopes on the viral spike protein, as well as acquiring additional sites that can be N-glycosylated.  .  .

https://www.news-medical.net/news/20210820/SARS-CoV-2-lambda-variant-escapes-immune-response-via-spike-mutations.aspx

Gee, if only someone could have warned us about this eight months ago.  Oh, wait .  .  .

Maybe they should have developed a vaccine that actually works against the virus itself instead of that cute coat it wears instead of engaging in some worldwide mRNA experiment.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: SARS-CoV-2 lambda variant escapes immune response via spike mutations
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2021, 10:25:07 pm »
The way it is going, this thing looks like it is going to cripple the world for at least a decade. 

In a just world, the Chicoms would be held accountable.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2021, 10:30:17 pm »
The way it is going, this thing looks like it is going to cripple the world for at least a decade. 

In a just world, the Chicoms would be held accountable.

The United States has the highest number of cases in the World. I would hope that we will reach herd immunity soon.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2021, 10:32:03 pm »
The United States has the highest number of cases in the World. I would hope that we will reach herd immunity soon.

Because of the mRNA jab, we may never reach herd immunity.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2021, 10:32:17 pm »

Even with mutant variants?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline rustynail

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2021, 10:35:19 pm »
A variant with a theme song

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jp6j5HJ-Cok

Offline libertybele

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2021, 10:42:50 pm »
Even with mutant variants?

I find it odd that places like the ME (with terrible medical care) have a low number of cases relevant to the U.S. Why do you think that its?? I believe that variants continue to be released into the U.S. by the Chinese.

If we don't reach herd immunity because of the variants, then with the U.S. having the largest number of COVID cases, most of the current American population will die as the vaccines aren't effective without boosters.

Oddly, those coming into this country aren't being given the vaccine.

So IMO they are lying about the severity of the virus and the vaccine will eventually kill more people than the virus itself. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2021, 10:44:22 pm »
I find it odd that places like the ME (with terrible medical care) have a low number of cases relevant to the U.S. Why do you think that its?? I believe that variants continue to be released into the U.S. by the Chinese.
It's because they're not testing and counting everybody and their mother like we were. Diagnostic labs have made out like bandits the past year and a half.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2021, 10:47:28 pm »
Because of the mRNA jab, we may never reach herd immunity.
According to Wiki the 1918 Influenza epidemic was Feb 1918- Apr 1920.  Quite possibly, the vax actually might be extending the disease if we keep re-infecting the same locations.