Author Topic: ‘Can’t spend halftime in opponent’s locker room’: GOP push to oust Cheney, Kinzinger  (Read 888 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 ‘Can’t spend halftime in opponent’s locker room’: GOP push to oust Cheney, Kinzinger

By Juliegrace Brufke

July 27, 2021 | 4:48pm | Updated

Freedom Caucus Chairman Andy Biggs introduced a resolution aimed at removing Republican Reps. Liz Cheney, of Wyoming and Adam Kinzinger, of Illinois, from the House GOP conference Tuesday morning, two lawmakers confirmed to The Post.

Biggs (R-Ariz.) pointed to Cheney and Kinzinger’s decision to accept Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s (D-Calif.) invitation to sit on the Jan. 6 select committee, which a sizable number of GOP lawmakers have alleged is politically motivated and skewed in Democrats’ favor.

Kinzinger and Cheney’s decision to buck party lines and serve on the panel has been met with sharp backlash from a number of their colleagues, with House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) going as far as referring to them as “Pelosi Republicans.” The call to oust them from the House GOP conference has been met with praise conservative hardliners.

“I am extremely supportive of Representative Biggs’ resolution, which he attempted to introduce today,” Rep. Matt Rosendale (R-Mont.) said in a statement. “You can’t spend halftime in the opponent’s locker room and expect the team to welcome you back for the rest of the game. I hope the GOP Conference will seriously consider this.”

more
https://nypost.com/2021/07/27/gop-pushes-to-oust-liz-cheney-adam-kinzinger-from-house-conference/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
They should both be expelled from the House R conference and primaried.  If either wins re-election they should be denied committee assignments.
James 1:20

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Cheney laughs at the fools that made excuses for her that got her as far as she has gone.  Deniers of truth/reality are killing this nation.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2021, 04:03:39 am by christian »
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline bilo

It's now Wed. 7/28 are they still members of the Pub caucus?
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Killer Clouds

They should be expelled but RINO McCarthy doesn't have the balls to do the right thing.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
They should be expelled but RINO McCarthy doesn't have the balls to do the right thing.

I'm sure they can be expelled from the Caucus, but it would require a vote of the whole Caucus, not just by a command by McCarthy.  That vote can be taken at any time, so if there's a delay it's because the vote must be Whipped up.

@bilo
« Last Edit: July 28, 2021, 08:58:27 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Killer Clouds

I'm sure they can be expelled from the Caucus, but it would require a vote of the whole Caucus, not just by a command by McCarthy.  That vote can be taken at any time, so if there's a delay it's because the vote must be Whipped up.

@bilo
I just don't think McCarthy and other RINOs will go for it. Those traitors on that committee showed their true color is RINO blue.

Offline bilo

@bilo

Not much of a caucus if a vote has to be whipped up.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Not much of a caucus if a vote has to be whipped up.

Expelling a Member is not supposed to be easy. Doing so is a BFD. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline unite for individuality

• I think, therefore I am... a misfit!
‘Can’t spend halftime in opponent’s locker room’: GOP push to oust Cheney, Kinzinger

. . .

“I am extremely supportive of Representative Biggs’ resolution, which he attempted to introduce today,” Rep. Matt Rosendale (R-Mont.) said in a statement. “You can’t spend halftime in the opponent’s locker room and expect the team to welcome you back for the rest of the game. I hope the GOP Conference will seriously consider this.”

more
https://nypost.com/2021/07/27/gop-pushes-to-oust-liz-cheney-adam-kinzinger-from-house-conference/

A better analogy of what Cheney and Kinzinger do is,
when on offense, they tackle their own ball carrier,
and when on defense, they block for the opponent's ball carrier.

If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion,
mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.
   -- John Stuart Mill

Here are the 10 RINOs who voted to impeach Trump on Jan. 13, 2021 - NEVER forget!
WY  Liz Cheney      SC 7  Tom Rice             WA 4  Dan Newhouse    IL 16  Adam Kinzinger    OH 16  Anthony Gonzalez
MI 6  Fred Upton    WA 3  Jaime Herrera Beutler    MI 3  Peter Meijer       NY 24  John Katko       CA 21  David Valadao

Offline bilo

Expelling a Member is not supposed to be easy. Doing so is a BFD.

It's not like events leading up to this moment occurred in an instant.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
It's not like events leading up to this moment occurred in an instant.

Sure, but a politician's first instinct is to avoid controversy. 

Hey, I want to see these two rats tossed out on their ears too....
I will NOT comply.

Offline bilo

Sure, but a politician's first instinct is to avoid controversy. 

Hey, I want to see these two rats tossed out on their ears too....

I didn't think for a second that you were supporting them.

The Pubs are gutless when it comes to party discipline. I'm all for open debate and a competition of ideas, but when you are systematically working to destroy the party itself it should not take a long time for the party to say go join the other side.

It is now Thursday 7/29 and the two Benedict Arnolds are still in the Pub caucus.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I didn't think for a second that you were supporting them.

The Pubs are gutless when it comes to party discipline. I'm all for open debate and a competition of ideas, but when you are systematically working to destroy the party itself it should not take a long time for the party to say go join the other side.

It is now Thursday 7/29 and the two Benedict Arnolds are still in the Pub caucus.

I think Paul Gosar is coming to our annual picnic a week from Saturday.  If I see him, I'll ask him.
I will NOT comply.

Offline bilo

I think Paul Gosar is coming to our annual picnic a week from Saturday.  If I see him, I'll ask him.

Please let us know what he says.

Offline dancer

They should both be expelled from the House R conference and primaried.  If either wins re-election they should be denied committee assignments.
I don't know about Kinzinger, but Cheney is history for the primary.  Next time she puts her foot in her mouth, goog the Wyoming papers that allow comments.  They absolutely hate her.  She's toast.