Author Topic: Former Drudge Report Editor Launches Conservative Alternative  (Read 405 times)

Offline PeteS in CA

Former Drudge Report Editor Launches Conservative Alternative

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/tyler-o-neil/2021/07/27/former-drudge-report-editor-launches-conservative-alternative-n1464957

The Drudge Report, that longtime haven for conservative news and wacky headlines on the internet, has gone lamestream, and many conservatives have launched new platforms to replace the gaping hole it has left behind.

Even a former editor of the Drudge Report, Joseph Curl, has stepped up to resurrect the Drudge spirit. On Tuesday, Curl announced the launch of Off The Press, a conservative-oriented aggregator that he says will have a “fearless attitude” toward covering “everything for those who devour news all day,” Just the News reported.

Curl intends for Off The Press to be a premier, 24/7 news aggregator that consumers can trust. He said the Drudge Report has become just another echo chamber for the legacy media.
Paul Bedard, “Washington Secrets” columnist for The Washington Examiner, will join Curl at Off The Press.

Although the news site’s perspective will be mainly conservative, Off The Press will also include coverage from all political angles, keeping voters aware of developments from the Left and the Right — and everywhere in between. While the site will include all kinds of news topics, Curl has pledged to avoid some of the more wacky topics that have long been a signature of The Drudge Report.

I started using DR as a go-to back when it was mainly original content. However, when it went uncritically full-TDS I was gone. I've been using Bongino Report and Just The News instead for some time. I'll be checking out Off The Press.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Former Matt Drudge deputy starts rival to Drudge Report
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2021, 04:15:05 pm »

Former Matt Drudge deputy starts rival to Drudge Report

Joining Curl as co-editor is veteran journalist Paul Bedard, "Washington Secrets" columnist for The Washington Examiner.

Updated: July 27, 2021 - 9:00am

The former editor of the Drudge Report, Joseph Curl, announced Tuesday the launch of Off The Press, a conservative-oriented aggregator that he says will have a "fearless attitude" toward covering "everything for those who devour news all day."

Curl says the marketplace is ripe for a premier, 24/7 news aggregator that consumers can trust, with the Drudge Report having become just another echo chamber for the mainstream media. 

"Now more than ever, keeping up with the most important stories is a battle," Curl says. "With social media deluging everyone with endless posts on their news feeds, the internet needs an editor to cull the very best stories and present them on a single site. That will be the sole mission of Off The Press."

more
https://justthenews.com/accountability/media/former-matt-drudge-deputy-starts-rival-drudge-report
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: Former Drudge Report Editor Launches Conservative Alternative
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2021, 05:28:57 pm »
Needed it.

Have not been on drudge for several years.

Used to be my go-to site
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2021, 10:09:59 pm »
I went through Bongino Report, Just The News, and Off The Press, the latter for the first time. I think all three will work for me - OTP being the only one of the three I've not frequented before. OTP seemed a little less political, but in breadth of news topic rather than minimizing political stuff. So far so good for OTP, for my tastes at least.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2021, 10:35:35 pm »
This is Curl's second attempt at such a service. Right Read was launched in 2015—and quietly folded not too long after.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024