Author Topic: Thousands Of Ships, Millions Of Troops: China Is Assembling a Huge Fleet For War With Taiwan  (Read 5579 times)

Offline skeeter

Queen Victoria, if she were alive today, would say, "What the hell are you talking about?"
Lessee - China was never a global power so there’s no reason to believe they will ever become one.

Is it a logical fallacy? Normalcy bias? There’s gotta be a word for it.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Taiwan's just an appetizer. The USA is the main course.

@mountaineer

Nope. They want our resources and manufacturing ability,roads,etc,etc,etc.

They aren't going to invade Tiawan,either. Big show of force,and then they are going to get the Biden Administration to state that Taiwan is a part of China anyway,and the US will NOT come to their aid.

Taiwan will have no choice but to surrender,and Hunter gets a seat on the PLA board.

Joe gets a Nobel Prize for avoiding war. Hell,this might even morph into a re-election for him if the timing works out.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2021, 11:26:33 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Crete was a disaster first day, true enough.  But the Germans had a number of great successes before that.  And in fact, the Germans seized the island.  They accomplished what they were after, in a short period of time.  And the German losses I believe were less than those of our airborne at Normandy. 

It was the first time Allies had a heads up on German plans as a result of captured Enigma capability.  And the Allies were so impressed with the German paratrooper operation, they launched their own paratrooper organizations.

Surprise is key, and crack troops with covert forces sent in one by one secretly with a plan to seize key leaders, key communications, etc, and Taiwan falls.  And what will the USA do if it falls?  Not a damn thing!!!!!!!!  Not with the communist controlled Biden as POTUS.

With 23.8 million in population, it would be easy to get a couple thousand operators to blend in on the island. They would not stand out like in a small population area with folks culturally different.  There would be no telling the CCP operators from the native population.

The key would be surprise.  It can be done.

@jafo2010

They are already there. Been there for decades. By now,their children and grandchildren are running the show.

Offline Absalom

Lessee - China was never a global power so there’s no reason to believe they will ever become one.
Is it a logical fallacy? Normalcy bias? There’s gotta be a word for it.
--------------
Hmm..........how insightful.
Now let's assume that Harry has never been to work on time.
So which bet should we make for tomorrow?
A) that Harry will be late as usual, or
B) that Harry will be on time.
All those betting that China will be a Global Power, real soon, please raise your hands!!!!!!

Offline skeeter

--------------
All those betting that China will be a Global Power, real soon, please raise your hands!!!!!!
Quite possibly the silliest illustration of a point I’ve yet seen. Is Harry building a blue water navy?

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Quite possibly the silliest illustration of a point I’ve yet seen. Is Harry building a blue water navy?
Is Harry adapting cargo vessels for RO-RO capability for military vehicles?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline skeeter

Is Harry adapting cargo vessels for RO-RO capability for military vehicles?
If history tells us one thing it’s when an aggressive nation of means makes it plain they intend to be militarily dominant the prudent course is to take them seriously.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2021, 02:28:17 am by skeeter »

Online Smokin Joe

If history tells us one thing it’s when an aggressive nation of means makes it plain they intend to be militarily dominant the prudent course is to take them seriously.
Better to be loaded for bear and deal with a mouse than loaded for mouse and run up on a bear.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Absalom

China is an economic giant. It is a a military giant. It is about to reorder the world. The outcome is anyone's guess. There are too many "known unknowns" to make any reliable predictions. UxV (drone) technology will completely change battlefield dynamics. So will CHAMP (nonuclear EMP) technology. So will the advanced biological weapons of China, so effectively demonstrated by COVID-19.
For the first time in history, military technology is rendering the lessons of the past almost irrelevant.
------------------------------
"China is a military giant."????
Name the last nation/state China conquered in any war in any century!!!

Online Smokin Joe

China. 50,000,000 dead.

C S Lewis

Offline libertybele

With Joe in charge and whoever is pulling his strings we don't stand a snowballs chance in hell.  God help us!!

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline skeeter

Better to be loaded for bear and deal with a mouse than loaded for mouse and run up on a bear.
lol Never plan based upon what you think your opponent will do, but rather on what they are capable of doing.

Offline libertybele

lol Never plan based upon what you think your opponent will do, but rather on what they are capable of doing.

Amen!

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online DB

China is an economic giant. It is a a military giant. It is about to reorder the world. The outcome is anyone's guess. There are too many "known unknowns" to make any reliable predictions. UxV (drone) technology will completely change battlefield dynamics. So will CHAMP (nonuclear EMP) technology. So will the advanced biological weapons of China, so effectively demonstrated by COVID-19.

For the first time in history, military technology is rendering the lessons of the past almost irrelevant.

You might want to do a little research.

China has a per capita GDP of about $11,000.

In comparison the per capita GDP of the US is about $50,000.

That is a not an "economic giant". It is 3rd world.

Offline Absalom

China. 50,000,000 dead.
--------------------
Smokin, indeed.
Korea is a testament to China's military ineptitude
where they had one Rifle for every 3 Infantrymen.
As a result, they led all combatants in casualties.

Offline Absalom

--------------------------
Predictably, you raised you hand.
So obviously we're all doomed.
Omigod!

Online Smokin Joe

You might want to do a little research.

China has a per capita GDP of about $11,000.

In comparison the per capita GDP of the US is about $50,000.

That is a not an "economic giant". It is 3rd world.
We have 330,000,000 people, more or less. They have over 4 times as many.
But while per capita GDP may be important here, I'm not so sure that it is that important there, where the CCP has its hands in everything, right beside the PLA and PLAN. Our economy is not centrally planned by the people who control what actually gets spent on what.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

--------------------
Smokin, indeed.
Korea is a testament to China's military ineptitude
where they had one Rifle for every 3 Infantrymen.
As a result, they led all combatants in casualties.
When you send the peasants out to fight, without regard for how many come back, what difference does that make? There will be plenty around to pick up. The Soviets did much the same against the Nazis. The Chinese in Korea engaged in wave attacks, much like the Japanese Banzai charges. (My Dad did tell me that much about the war, although he seldom spoke about it).

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
--------------

@Absalom

I see you are still maintaining your record of never being right.

Congraduations on your consisistincy!

Online DB

We have 330,000,000 people, more or less. They have over 4 times as many.
But while per capita GDP may be important here, I'm not so sure that it is that important there, where the CCP has its hands in everything, right beside the PLA and PLAN. Our economy is not centrally planned by the people who control what actually gets spent on what.

A country with about 1/5th the per capita GDP is not an economic power house. It is dirt poor for the majority of people there.

And in modern warfare, throwing bodies at it isn't very affective. Bodies on boats are just targets. A bit like the road out of Kuwait.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
A country with about 1/5th the per capita GDP is not an economic power house. It is dirt poor for the majority of people there.

And in modern warfare, throwing bodies at it isn't very affective. Bodies on boats are just targets. A bit like the road out of Kuwait.

@DB

Nothing more than temporary floating coffins,and it doesn't matter what nation we are talking about.

Offline thackney

Ask King George the 3rd of Great Britain a similar question.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Absalom

@Absalom
I see you are still maintaining your record of never being right.
Congraduations on your consisistincy!
-------------------------
Hmm.........be patient as your clown day (Halloween) is nearing.

Offline libertybele

All the posts are about China's past stats.  IMHO those stats aren't very reliable for current conditions.  China is ramping up their military BIGLY, their numbers are HUGE. I say it is very much a reason for concern, that and China Joe is at the helm.

Offline Absalom

Ask King George the 3rd of Great Britain a similar question.
----------------------
Hmm..........love to but he died 200 years ago.