Author Topic: High Schooler Raises $12K to Help Homeless Veterans Across the Country Get Off the Streets  (Read 937 times)

rangerrebew

High Schooler Raises $12K to Help Homeless Veterans Across the Country Get Off the Streets
Western Journal

on July 27, 2021

By Amanda Thomason, The Western Journal

The military is an important theme in Michael Ferrara’s life. The teen student at Hunterdon Central Regional High School has family members who have served, he’s helped rekindle the Student Soldier Support Club at his school and he even plans to join up one day.

“My freshman year, I emailed the teacher that runs the club and he said all the seniors left; there’s nobody in the club,” he explained to NJ.com. “So I restarted it. I think it’s awesome that people are out there fighting for everybody’s freedom.”

His interest didn’t end there. In 2020, the plight of homeless veterans became an important issue to the teen, who decided to raise money for Houses for Warriors, a program that would get veterans off the streets and into a shelter.

https://flagandcross.com/high-schooler-raises-12k-to-help-homeless-veterans-across-the-country-get-off-the-streets/