General Category > Politics/Government

LIVE THREAD: Jan. 6 Bogus committee hearing

<< < (2/11) > >>

LegalAmerican:

--- Quote from: GtHawk on July 27, 2021, 02:03:58 am ---Which participants would those be, the Capitol Police that held doors open for the protesters or the Antifa and BLM agitators that caused most of the damage and injuries? (of the Anifa and BLM swine will get no prosecution for telling the lies little Schitt wants to hear). I'm sure that any conservative that was arrested and foolish enough not to take the Fifth would have their testimony used against them at trial, after that is Schitt and the others harangued them and called them traitors, insurrectionists and murderers.

--- End quote ---

:thumbsup:
How do we stop all these communists?  Fascists in congress democrat side?   

sneakypete:
Translation:

"We may need a distraction to take attention away from what we have done and are still doing."

mystery-ak:
Read: Liz Cheney's opening statement at Jan. 6 hearing

By POLITICO STAFF

07/27/2021 10:41 AM EDT

Read Rep. Liz Cheney's opening remarks below as prepared for the Jan. 6 Capitol riot hearing.

Thank you very much, Chairman Thompson. Thank you to all of my colleagues on this committee, and thank you to each of the witnesses appearing before us today. It is because of you -- you held the line, you defended all of us, you defended the Capitol, and you defended the Constitution and our Republic, and every American owes you our undying gratitude. Every American, I hope, will be able to hear your testimony today and will watch the videos. The videos show the unbelievable violence and the inexcusable and intolerable cruelty that you all faced, and people need to know the truth.

I want to begin by reflecting briefly on the investigation that we are launching today. Every one of us here on the dais voted for and would have preferred that these matters be investigated by an independent non-partisan commission, composed of five prominent Americans selected by each party, and modeled on the 9/11 Commission. Although such a commission was opposed by my own leadership in the House, it overwhelmingly passed with the support of 35 Republican members, it was defeated by Republicans in the Senate. And that leaves us where we are today.

more
https://www.politico.com/news/2021/07/27/liz-cheney-opening-statement-jan-6-hearing-500836

dfwgator:
What a bitch.

Idiot:
 :3:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version