Author Topic: Arkansas Senate Candidate Claimed He Joined Army In 2015, Actually Joined In 2017  (Read 855 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Arkansas Senate Candidate Claimed He Joined Army In 2015, Actually Joined In 2017
Jake Bequette previously claimed he enlisted in 2017. His campaign website said he enlisted in 2015.
by Tom Pappert   
July 26, 2021

Jake Bequette, who recently announced his run to represent Arkansas in the U.S. Senate in the 2022 election, appears to have mislead Republican voters in the state by incorrectly claiming he joined the U.S. Army in 2015, while in reality he did not join until 2017. He was discharged in 2020, but remains active in the Army Reserves.

A source from the Department of Defense tells National File that Bequette is currently active in Army Reserves and could face losing his top secret security clearance due to “this borderline stolen valor”.

According to a status report from the Department of Defense Manpower Data Center obtained by National File, Bequette’s Active Duty Start Date in the U.S. Army was August 8, 2017, and his Active Duty End Date was January 26, 2021, meaning he served for just over three years in the U.S. Army. This runs contrary to what was written on Bequette’s website when he launched his Fox-propelled campaign in early July.

When Bequette launched his campaign two weeks ago on July 12, Bequette claimed he joined the Army in 2015.

In an apparent effort to hide the apparent lie about his military service — and after National File contacted the Bequette campaign for the purpose of writing this article today, on July 26 — the Bequette campaign edited the information on Bequette’s website to read consistent with the claims Bequette made to an online sports magazine in a profile piece published in 2019.

more
https://nationalfile.com/arkansas-senate-candidate-claimed-he-joined-army-in-2015-actually-joined-in-2017/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I don't get it. Why is this a big deal?

Chances are it was a typo on the fact sheet presented by one of his aides,
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
9 Aug 1983...1 Nov 2003

Even after all these years, I know what my service dates are.

And as recent as this was, I don't buy any excuse about forgetting, especially given the disparity in years.

But I suppose in this new era of common core, an odd number is the same as any other odd number.  Amirite?
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker

Maybe, but why edit to match?  Just come clean and admit the error.  FTA:"In an apparent effort to hide the apparent lie about his military service...the Bequette campaign edited the information on Bequette’s website to read consistent with the claims Bequette made..."
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Hey it's Arkansas, after the Clintons what a little lie about when you enlisted, small beans. I don't get the might lose his top secret clearance over it, maybe he should have slept with a Chinese spy, or had a Chinese spy as an aid and chauffer then he could keep his clearance, oh wait I forgot not a democrat.

Offline libertybele

Agreed. I don't see this as a big deal at all.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Hoodat

It is possible he signed up for enrollment in 2015, but they didn't find a spot for him until 2017.  My older son is currently waiting for a position to open up in the Air Force.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
9 Aug 1983...1 Nov 2003

Even after all these years, I know what my service dates are.

And as recent as this was, I don't buy any excuse about forgetting, especially given the disparity in years.

But I suppose in this new era of common core, an odd number is the same as any other odd number.  Amirite?

@SZonian

How do you know it wasn't one of his aides that filed the info,and had a typo?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Maybe, but why edit to match?  Just come clean and admit the error.  FTA:"In an apparent effort to hide the apparent lie about his military service...the Bequette campaign edited the information on Bequette’s website to read consistent with the claims Bequette made..."

@SZonian

Ok,so he corrected the error,and now people are pissed BECAUSE he corrected the error?

WTF is the big freaking deal? Did he claim to have prevented a nuclear war while serving in 2017?

People make typos. Get over it.

BTW,I guess now is the time for me to come out of the poser closet and admit I didn't really serve 7 years in the US Army. I only served 6 years,10 months,and 7 days.

I guess you want to drag me around behind a car now?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2021, 02:04:28 am by sneakypete »

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
@SZonian

Ok,so he corrected the error,and now people are pissed BECAUSE he corrected the error?

WTF is the big freaking deal? Did he claim to have prevented a nuclear war while serving in 2017?

People make typos. Get over it.

BTW,I guess now is the time for me to come out of the poser closet and admit I didn't really serve 7 years in the US Army. I only served 6 years,10 months,and 7 days.

I guess you want to drag me around behind a car now?
:whistle: Your "service" doesn't qualify you to act like an ahole...piss off.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
:whistle: Your "service" doesn't qualify you to act like an ahole...piss off.

@SZonian

With all due respect,ESAD.