Author Topic: Biden to call off U.S. combat mission in Iraq by the end of the year  (Read 225 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Biden to call off U.S. combat mission in Iraq by the end of the year

The U.S. will end its combat mission in Iraq by the end of the year, President Biden announced Monday, with American forces shifting to an advisory and training role but potentially opening the door, critics say, for Iran to gain even more influence in the region.

It was the second confirmed major drawdown of a longterm U.S. military mission in Mr. Biden’s brief presidency. The concurrent pullout of American and foreign troops from Afghanistan is nearly complete after two decades in the country.

Just before an Oval Office meeting with Iraqi Prime Minister Mustafa al-Kadhimi, the president laid out the revamped approach to Iraq, where U.S. forces have operated for most of the last 20 years. The U.S. currently has about 2,500 troops in the country and it’s not yet clear exactly how many will remain there in a new capacity.............

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2021/jul/26/joe-biden-call-us-combat-mission-iraq-end-year/
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

rangerrebew

Biden announces end to combat mission in Iraq. What that really means is unclear
Leo Shane III

President Joe Biden announced on Monday that U.S. troops will no longer serve in a combat role in Iraq, a largely symbolic move given that it has been years since Americans led combat operations there.

About 2,500 troops are deployed to Iraq currently, focused on training and support missions. Neither Biden nor White House officials would specify if that number will drop considerably in coming months.

After the announcement, Pentagon officials said there were no “operational updates” about troops deployed to the region.

During an afternoon meeting with Iraqi Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kadhimi, the U.S. president said that American forces will be available “to continue to train, to assist, to help, and to deal with ISIS as it arises” in the country.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/pentagon-congress/2021/07/26/biden-announces-end-to-combat-mission-in-iraq-what-that-really-means-is-unclear/

rangerrebew

It means the Iraqi military must become proficient in Critical Race Theory so our government knows the troops have the skills necessary to defend themselves and their country.  When they do, we will withdraw. :osama: