State Chapters > California

Exclusive — Larry Elder Wants to Be First ‘Good Governor’ California Has Had ‘in a Very Long Time’

(1/1)

mystery-ak:
Exclusive — Larry Elder Wants to Be First ‘Good Governor’ California Has Had ‘in a Very Long Time’

Robert Kraychik 26 Jul 2021

Larry Elder, talk radio host, author, and Republican gubernatorial candidate in California, highlighted emergency powers vested in the governor as tools to combat crime, homelessness, and governmental failures in management of public education, energy resources, and water treatment.

“I’ve got the power to declare a statewide emergency [if elected governor],” Elder said on SiriusXM’s Breitbart News Sunday with host Joel Pollak. “I can do that on crime. I can do that on homelessness. I can do that on education. I have the veto power …  [and] also have a line item veto, and I have the power to appoint people to these various commissions that are shoving down all these rules and regulations down the throats of the American people.”

Pollak noted that if elected, Elder would be California’s first black governor.

Elder said, “I think of [myself] as a guy who’s … from the hood, public school product, got some common sensical ideas to bring to the table, and I want to be the first good governor we’ve had in a very long period of time. That’s all I want.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/radio/2021/07/26/exclusive-larry-elder-wants-to-be-first-good-governor-california-has-had-in-a-very-long-time/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version