Author Topic: Why Are We Selling Farmland to China?  (Read 61 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Why Are We Selling Farmland to China?
« on: July 26, 2021, 05:04:19 pm »
Why Are We Selling Farmland to China?
By Mike Miller | Jul 26, 2021 11:45 AM ET

“This land is your land and this land is my land
From California to the New York island
From the redwood forest to the Gulf Stream waters
This land was made for you and me.” ~ Woodie Guthrie

Was it? Was this land “made for you and me,” or was it also made for foreign countries to buy up?

According to a May 28, 2019 article in US News & Report, nearly 30 million acres of U.S. farmland were owned by foreign countries as of that date. Insane? It gets worse. The number of foreign-owned acres of farmland had tripled in just 21 years — having stood at 10 million acres in 1998. Those who have been most concerned? Small- and medium-sized farmers, of course. Who didn’t see that coming?

Now it gets really insane.

China — yes, China — is among those foreign countries snapping up American farmland as fast as they can. As Politico reported last week:

Chinese firms have expanded their presence in American agriculture over the last decade by snapping up farmland and purchasing major agribusinesses, like pork processing giant Smithfield Foods.

By the start of 2020, Chinese owners controlled about 192,000 agricultural acres in the U.S., worth $1.9 billion, including land used for farming, ranching and forestry, according to the Agriculture Department.

more
https://redstate.com/mike_miller/2021/07/26/why-are-we-selling-farmland-to-china-n416549
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34