Author Topic: Walt Disney to move thousands of jobs from California to Florida  (Read 1516 times)

Offline libertybele

Sigh ... just what we don't need!!! A California invasion.  We already have crowded roads from too many moving into our state.  The price of housing is skyrocketing and those thinking that they are going to find a home ... good luck.  Inventory is low and prices are sky high.  Isn't that exactly what CA is trying to escape?  Them coming here is doing just the opposite.  Jobs at $120,000 a year used to be unheard of.  FL was the state of low wages was made up for by the weather.  All these Californians and New Yorkers are going to turn FL blue!   9999hair out0000

Walt Disney to move thousands of jobs from California to Florida

Disney announced it will be moving 2,000 jobs from California to Orlando to cash in on $580 million in tax credits.

The jobs include positions in finance, human resources, technology, communications and Imagineers – with average salaries of $120,000.

The company said it favors Florida for its business-friendly climate, better housing prices, lower income tax, less crowded schools and less traffic.

But experts say ultimately the move comes down to money..................

https://www.winknews.com/2021/07/25/walt-disney-to-move-thousands-of-jobs-from-california-to-florida/
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
Re: Walt Disney to move thousands of jobs from California to Florida
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2021, 02:12:51 am »
The rumors that I have heard (online, so take them with a large grain of salt) hint that while the positions are being moved from CA to FL, the people aren't. Instead they are being laid off in CA, and the positions will be filled in FL "eventually". In other words, this is actually a sneaky layoff by Disney. But, who knows?  :shrug:
Let it burn.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2021, 04:04:09 pm »
1. Existing thread, https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,443055.0.html .

2. In my limited experience, companies making such a move offer employees $$ incentive to make the move, so as to retain their knowledge and experience, and to lessen the costs of retraining.

3. I have no kind words for Floridians so ignorant of Californians as to ASSume that all Californians are Berserkeley-SF-style crazies.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2021, 05:58:22 pm »
The difference in lockdowns vs no lockdowns.

This will be repeated in a lot more areas as well, as an expression of freedom of the marketplace to conduct business.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2021, 06:04:06 pm »
The difference in lockdowns vs no lockdowns.

This will be repeated in a lot more areas as well, as an expression of freedom of the marketplace to conduct business.

According to the OP article in the thread in the California forum, planning for the move was in progress in 2019. Goobernor Noisome's Covid tyranny may have confirmed the decision, but it was probably high housing costs in the Land of LA and California's hostile business climate that started the decision and planning processes.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2021, 07:30:58 pm »
According to the OP article in the thread in the California forum, planning for the move was in progress in 2019. Goobernor Noisome's Covid tyranny may have confirmed the decision, but it was probably high housing costs in the Land of LA and California's hostile business climate that started the decision and planning processes.
Yep, and other companies am sure are in the process of accelerating plans to do the same.

The Fortune 500 company I worked for had been HQd in California for over 80 years and had enough of it and moved to Texas a few years ago.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2021, 07:38:31 pm »
The rumors that I have heard (online, so take them with a large grain of salt) hint that while the positions are being moved from CA to FL, the people aren't. Instead they are being laid off in CA, and the positions will be filled in FL "eventually". In other words, this is actually a sneaky layoff by Disney. But, who knows?  :shrug:

Last thing we need is more liberals in Florida.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2021, 12:22:20 am »
Yep, and other companies am sure are in the process of accelerating plans to do the same.

The Fortune 500 company I worked for had been HQd in California for over 80 years and had enough of it and moved to Texas a few years ago.

My previous employer is a multi-billion $$ corporation that is basically like a zigsaw puzzle of divisions bought from companies selling off divisions that were insufficiently related to their core business. The division I worked at realized that telling potential college grad recruits that the housing they could afford would be 1-2 hours' drive away and that they probably never would be able to afford a home near the company really was not a compelling recruiting story. So corporate bigwigs decided to divvy up the division I worked at between a facility in PA and a facility in Torrance (which was where my group would have gone). Torrance is in the Land of LA, still CA, but lower housing prices than the SF Bay Area. Not really wanting to move, Torrance became "Plan B", and "Plan A", finding another job, worked. That all went down in 2016.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2021, 12:41:52 am »
Last thing we need is more liberals in Florida.

:amen:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2021, 12:28:37 pm »
My previous employer is a multi-billion $$ corporation that is basically like a zigsaw puzzle of divisions bought from companies selling off divisions that were insufficiently related to their core business. The division I worked at realized that telling potential college grad recruits that the housing they could afford would be 1-2 hours' drive away and that they probably never would be able to afford a home near the company really was not a compelling recruiting story. So corporate bigwigs decided to divvy up the division I worked at between a facility in PA and a facility in Torrance (which was where my group would have gone). Torrance is in the Land of LA, still CA, but lower housing prices than the SF Bay Area. Not really wanting to move, Torrance became "Plan B", and "Plan A", finding another job, worked. That all went down in 2016.
It's a real shame.

The same scenarios on a much smaller scale is right now being played out in Austin as people find housing unaffordable near the city.