Author Topic: This must read article by Congressman Gallagher (Former Marine) all but admits that we won't be read  (Read 265 times)

rangerrebew

Thursday, July 22, 2021
This must read article by Congressman Gallagher (Former Marine) all but admits that we won't be ready in time against China...

via USNI

Since coming to Congress, I have spent a good deal of time speaking and writing on naval topics. I’ve had the privilege of speaking to the Surface Navy Association, CSIS, and the Naval Institute, and writing for War On the Rocks, for example. In these conversations, I have come to realize that we can no longer afford just to preach to the sea power “choir.” As Admiral Phil Davidson, the former Commander, U.S. Indo-Pacific Command, recently warned, we may have six years or less before the People’s Republic of China (PRC) takes action against Taiwan. Some have taken to calling this the “Davidson window.” Other senior leaders, including Chief of Naval Operations Admiral Michael Gilday and Commandant of the Marine Corps General David Berger, agree with his assessment. Think about that for a minute. The United States may only have a few years to prepare for a war that could decide the course of the remainder of this century.

Geography dictates such a war would be waged first and foremost by the Sea Services. The United States cannot simply pay lip service to the idea of naval supremacy anymore; we have to earn it, every day. To avert disaster—and make no mistake, that is where our present course leads—the White House, Congress, and the Pentagon must act with a sense of urgency and advocate for, build, and resource American sea power before it is too late.

https://www.snafu-solomon.com/2021/07/this-must-read-article-by-congressman.html

rangerrebew

See!!  Milley's plans are working already!! :truce:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Thursday, July 22, 2021
This must read article by Congressman Gallagher (Former Marine) all but admits that we won't be ready in time against China...

via USNI

Since coming to Congress, I have spent a good deal of time speaking and writing on naval topics. I’ve had the privilege of speaking to the Surface Navy Association, CSIS, and the Naval Institute, and writing for War On the Rocks, for example. In these conversations, I have come to realize that we can no longer afford just to preach to the sea power “choir.” As Admiral Phil Davidson, the former Commander, U.S. Indo-Pacific Command, recently warned, we may have six years or less before the People’s Republic of China (PRC) takes action against Taiwan. Some have taken to calling this the “Davidson window.” Other senior leaders, including Chief of Naval Operations Admiral Michael Gilday and Commandant of the Marine Corps General David Berger, agree with his assessment. Think about that for a minute. The United States may only have a few years to prepare for a war that could decide the course of the remainder of this century.

Geography dictates such a war would be waged first and foremost by the Sea Services. 
@rangerrebew

Technology dictates that everything floating will be destroyed  by nuclear missile strikes in the first few minutes of any new war.

About all that will remain of the US Navy will be a few subs.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!