Author Topic: AP to debunk election misinformation on Facebook  (Read 598 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
AP to debunk election misinformation on Facebook
« on: July 25, 2021, 07:15:12 am »
https://www.ap.org/press-releases/2018/ap-to-debunk-election-misinformation-on-facebook

AP to debunk election misinformation on Facebook
March 7, 2018

As part of its comprehensive fact-checking efforts, The Associated Press announced Wednesday that it will work with Facebook to identify and debunk false and misleading stories related to the U.S. midterm election that are circulating on the platform.

The expanded collaboration leverages the presence of AP reporters in all 50 U.S. states to bring a local focus to Facebook’s fact-checking initiative.

AP has worked with Facebook since 2016 to reduce the circulation of false news articles on the platform. 

Yes, this is old news, but in case people were not aware, AP is right in there with the cancel culture....

...and a major source of 'news' feeds for all the rest.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: AP to debunk election misinformation on Facebook
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2021, 08:54:13 pm »
Whenever I see a news article posted, here or elsewhere, I usually check the source before I start reading.

If it says "Associated Press", I don't bother reading it. I'll get my lies and misinformation elsewhere, thank you very much.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2021, 10:42:08 pm »
Whenever I see a news article posted, here or elsewhere, I usually check the source before I start reading.

If it says "Associated Press", I don't bother reading it. I'll get my lies and misinformation elsewhere, thank you very much.
I've been that way for nigh on 20 years now. Yet their stories get published in almost every American daily newspaper to pad out the increasingly thin local news sections.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2021, 10:48:30 pm »
So who debunks the AP?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2021, 03:26:49 am »
So who debunks the AP?
We do!

(Nice pic)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2021, 04:41:19 am »
Does anyone even pay attention to their 'debunking' statement? Really?

I don't do Faceboot, but I see those debunking things all the time on youtube... Highly concentrated on religious channels....But while I see it for the color change, my eye goes right on by. I automatically pay it no mind.