Author Topic: Indian Delta variant surge is projected to peak in mid-October and cause up to 240K infections and 4  (Read 861 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Indian Delta variant surge is projected to peak in mid-October and cause up to 240K infections and 4K DEATHS per day IF current vaccination rates stay the same: Experts plead with public to get their shots as US COVID cases rise 166% in two weeks

Concerns are rising about the highly infectious Delta variant as it races across the United States
    A mathematical model predicts a new peak in October that could approach the highs in January
    On the worst end of the projection, new cases could hit 240,000 a day and daily deaths could top 4,000
    The seven-day average of daily new cases in the US has risen 166% in the past two weeks
    Epidemiologist says that Delta is 200% more contagious than the original virus first identified in China
    Delta now accounts for more than 82% of all new US cases and will soon make up nearly all cases
    Even as virus surges, some states are moving to withhold daily numbers and only report weekly

By Keith Griffith For Dailymail.com

Published: 13:52 EDT, 24 July 2021 | Updated: 15:07 EDT, 24 July 2021

A startling new projection suggests that coronavirus cases and deaths in the US could return to levels last seen during the January peak, as the Delta variant first identified in India fuels a massive surge in infections.

As of Saturday, the seven-day rolling average of daily new cases was nearly 50,000, a 166 percent increase from two weeks ago, according to a DailyMail.com analysis of Johns Hopkins data. Meanwhile vaccination rates are plateauing, with just 57 percent of the eligible population fully vaccinated.

It's a dangerous combination that could be leading the nation toward a new phase of disaster, according to projections released this week by the COVID-19 Scenario Modeling Hub.

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9821491/Indian-Delta-variant-surge-projected-peak-mid-October-240K-infections-daily.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

IF indeed the vaccines are effective in preventing people from getting COVID then we shouldn't see an up tick in the cases that they are predicting.

Almost 50% of my county is fully vaccinated yet we are seeing a surge that is higher than the original numbers this time last year.  The numbers just don't add up IF indeed the vaccine is effective.  It has been reported that people who have been fully vaccinated are getting COVID.

Either the vaccines are effective and we are being handed a line of b.s. in order to shut us down, OR the vaccines aren't effective and people have been injected with a vaccine that doesn't work and Lord only knows what the long term effects are going to be.

I will continue to take precautions just like I have been and just like I do during flu season.  I absolutely refuse to wear a mask  outside and where not mandated. Breathing in germs and viruses trapped on a mask I just don't see as healthy.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mountaineer

Ditto, libertybele, especially your last paragraph.  :beer:

We were at a class reunion this evening. One fellow, a pharmacist, said he's experienced ringing in the ears ever since getting the covid vax.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline PeteS in CA

1. Given the "success" of computer modeling of Covid, take this prediction with a very large block of salt.

2. The UK new cases surge began around May 21, and appears to have peaked around July 17th. The US new cases bump began around June 30, so if the US follows the UK's experience, the bump will probably peak around the last week of August. Did the Daily Mail's article mention that the UK had a very small bump in daily deaths? Did the Daily Mail's article mention that the US may or may not be starting a very small bump in daily deaths? (Worldometers)

3. On July 23, 2021, the peak day so far, 61,050 new cases were reported. On July 23, 2020 70,665 new cases were reported (Worldometers). The US is NOT "seeing a surge that is higher than the original numbers this time last year".

4. "IF indeed the vaccines are effective in preventing people from getting COVID then we shouldn't see an up tick in the cases that they are predicting." This ignores the facts that just 49% of the US is fully vaccinated (and 56.6% have received at least one dose; yesterday's CDC numbers) and that unvaccinated people are a disproportionately large percentage of new cases and hospitalizations.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline mountaineer

The US is NOT "seeing a surge that is higher than the original numbers this time last year".
But for lies, they'd have absolutely nothing to say.

Online Hoodat

Indian Delta variant surge is projected to peak in mid-October and cause up to 240K infections and 4K DEATHS per day IF current vaccination rates stay the same: Experts plead with public to get their shots as US COVID cases rise 166% in two weeks

Over the previous three months, there have been over 2.4 million new infections.  So if they are predicting 240k new infections over the next three months, that would be a tenfold improvement over what we are seeing now.

Idiots.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Over the previous three months, there have been over 2.4 million new infections.  So if they are predicting 240k new infections over the next three months, that would be a tenfold improvement over what we are seeing now.

Idiots.
They're predicting 240,000 new cases A DAY. As in, what happened in the middle of winter last year with everyone indoors and no vaccine.

I mean, at what point are they going to admit that they have to let this virus run its course?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline mountaineer

I mean, at what point are they going to admit that they have to let this virus run its course?
A family practice M.D. I know - a fellow who actually has treated Covid patients - was saying last year the virus pretty much had run its course. Doesn't exactly fit Dr. Fraudci's narrative, though.

Offline libertybele

A family practice M.D. I know - a fellow who actually has treated Covid patients - was saying last year the virus pretty much had run its course. Doesn't exactly fit Dr. Fraudci's narrative, though.

My family doc admitted to masks not doing a whole lot of good.

When are they going to admit that the vaccines don't work, OR will this give them a reason to give yet another dose of the vaccine?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2021, 08:17:49 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
C'mon, man! We have to keep random dropboxes and mail in voting for the midterms, or the Democrats could lose!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Idiot

Ditto, libertybele, especially your last paragraph.  :beer:

We were at a class reunion this evening. One fellow, a pharmacist, said he's experienced ringing in the ears ever since getting the covid vax.
@mountaineer I'm glad you posted this.  I've had ringing in my ears since I got the Pfizer vaccine.  I chalked it up to tinnitus, but now you have me thinking....

Online Hoodat

They're predicting 240,000 new cases A DAY. As in, what happened in the middle of winter last year with everyone indoors and no vaccine.

Well, I gotta admit, keeping everyone indoors was probably the single greatest factor in insuring the spread.  Keep everyone in a bat cave does wonders in spreading a bat virus.

Now about that 240k cases a day.  Spread over the next 83 days or so, that comes to around 20 million new cases.  It is going to take a heck of a lot of vaccinated people catching Covid to reach that number.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline LegalAmerican

IF indeed the vaccines are effective in preventing people from getting COVID then we shouldn't see an up tick in the cases that they are predicting.

Almost 50% of my county is fully vaccinated yet we are seeing a surge that is higher than the original numbers this time last year.  The numbers just don't add up IF indeed the vaccine is effective.  It has been reported that people who have been fully vaccinated are getting COVID.

Either the vaccines are effective and we are being handed a line of b.s. in order to shut us down, OR the vaccines aren't effective and people have been injected with a vaccine that doesn't work and Lord only knows what the long term effects are going to be.

I will continue to take precautions just like I have been and just like I do during flu season.  I absolutely refuse to wear a mask  outside and where not mandated. Breathing in germs and viruses trapped on a mask I just don't see as healthy.

Covid, is a new common cold virus.  CORONAVIRUS.  IT MUTATES. ALL PEOPLE GET THE VIRUS IN THEIR SYSTEMS .. as before. It depends on ones immune system strength.  C.D.C.  said, 99.97%  recovery.  I say the vaccine is making people ill.  That is the 'real weapon" used against people.  Like any virus, some will survive it, some won't.  I say the odds listed above is very good.  Every blood test comes back with me having a high white blood count. Doctors are concerned.  I had CHEMO for 4 months.  I say it is from that, white blood cells fight infection.  So many people test positive.  Even an eggplant can test positive. Some sent in blank samples...came back positive! I do not understand people getting this vaccine!  Over done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jwEQCTby2k
« Last Edit: July 26, 2021, 12:33:35 am by LegalAmerican »

Offline LegalAmerican

Idiots.

I agree, however have you noticed how COVID...has cured all FLU'S, CANCER, HEART ATTACKS, DIABETES, ETC. ?
No one is dying from these same old diseases....only CORONAVIRUS.  NEW COMMON COLD VIRUS. We will always have the common cold, which is why this is such a good way to control people.  IT WILL NEVER....STOP. 

Offline mountaineer

I'm glad you posted this.  I've had ringing in my ears since I got the Pfizer vaccine.  I chalked it up to tinnitus, but now you have me thinking....
That's interesting, @mrpotatohead . It's exactly what this pharmacist said - no problem with ringing in the ears until immediately after the injection. Another fellow there had the 'rona, and he said his main symptom was violent hiccupping which went on for days and caused chest pain.

Offline AARguy

Common cold "infections" are peaking too. Few deaths involved though.

Offline LegalAmerican

Common cold "infections" are peaking too. Few deaths involved though.

Yes. Flu season.  About 30,000 people will die each year from flu complications. Then all our other diseases and health issue's. Globalists have done a real number on people.  People will get sick,  as always, or die as always.   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YhzkZvz2lc
« Last Edit: July 25, 2021, 11:48:22 pm by LegalAmerican »