State Chapters > Florida

DeSantis handed victory as US appeals court rules against CDC cruise ship restrictions

(1/1)

libertybele:
DeSantis handed victory as US appeals court rules against CDC cruise ship restrictions

A U.S. appeals court reversed its decision and let stand a lower court order prohibiting the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention from enforcing coronavirus restrictions on Florida cruise ships.

The 11th Circuit Court of Appeals in Atlanta had voted 2-1 to block the lower court's order on Saturday but has now changed that ruling allowing that order to stand, according to Reuters.

"Well this is … odd," Legal analyst and professor Steven Vladeck tweeted. "The Eleventh Circuit, entirely on its own, has reversed its decision from Saturday night and put *back* into place a district court injunction against CDC’s cruise ship restrictions. Earlier today, Florida had asked #SCOTUS to reverse the Court of Appeals.".................

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/florida-asks-supreme-court-to-lift-cdc-restrictions-on-cruise-ships

Wingnut:
I guess they didn't want this to go to the SC? 

libertybele:

--- Quote from: Wingnut on July 24, 2021, 12:44:51 am ---I guess they didn't want this to go to the SC?

--- End quote ---

Whatever the reason, DeSantis won; he didn't want them to Fauci our Florida!!

PeteS in CA:
I wonder whether a significant number of the judges who would be on a full-panel review let these three know they would lose at the full panel level, usually the next stop in the line of appeal. As for the USSC not reviewing the original ruling, nothing prevents that from happening anyway, "immediately" or in the more ordinary line of appeal (I assume LIEden's CDC won't willingly let their tyranny be blocked short of the USSC).

Fixed an omission.

Cyber Liberty:

--- Quote from: PeteS in CA on July 24, 2021, 05:12:23 pm ---I wonder whether a significant number of judges who would be on a full-panel review let these three know they would lose at the full panel level, usually the next stop in the line of appeal. As for the USSC not reviewing the original ruling, nothing prevents that from happening anyway, "immediately" or in the more ordinary line of appeal (I assume LIEden's CDC won't willingly let their tyranny be blocked short of the USSC).

--- End quote ---

That sounds about right.  Assuming the review of the full Court goes the way you suggest it will, this will be appealed to the SCOTUS, and they will probably refuse to grant cert.

DeSantis win.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version