State Chapters > State Politics/Government

St. Louis mandates masks indoors regardless of vaccination status, recommends masks outdoors

<< < (2/3) > >>

mountaineer:
STL County Council could vote to overturn mask mandate Tuesday night
    KMOV.com Staff
    Updated 25 min ago | Posted on Jul 27, 2021

CLAYTON, Mo. (KMOV.com) - Only one day after it went into effect, a mask mandate in St. Louis County might be overturned Tuesday.

The mandate will be discussed at Tuesday evening's St. Louis County Council meeting, and lots of public comments on the matter are expected. The mandate took effect Monday and was put in place by St. Louis County Executive Sam Page and St. Louis Mayor Tishaura Jones. It requires everyone wear a mask in indoor public settings, regardless of whether or not they have been vaccinated.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reversed course Tuesday on some masking guidelines, recommending that even vaccinated people return to wearing masks indoors in parts of the U.S. where the coronavirus is surging.

Several members of the St. Louis County Council have spoken out against the mandate saying it violates a recently passed state law that requires input from a governing body such as a county council.

"Why weren't we brought into the loop, why didn't we have a chance to have input on this? I represent 142,000 people, the vast majority do not want masks. the vast majority. I represent them and I should be able to have a voice for them," said Councilman Tim Fitch. ... More at KMOV

mountaineer:
UPDATE
--- Quote --- St. Louis County Council votes to overturn mask mandate
    KMOV.com Staff
    Updated 8 hrs ago | Posted on Jul 27, 2021

CLAYTON, Mo. (KMOV.com) - Only one day after it went into effect, a mask mandate in St. Louis County has been repealed.

The mandate was discussed at Tuesday evening's St. Louis County Council meeting, and many members of the public spoke out, mostly against the mandate. Many speakers said it is an issue of freedom, while one said the mandate could be helpful.

Interim St. Louis County Health Director Faisal Khan told the council that data backs up far a mandate, citing rising hospitalizations and an increasing number of younger COVID-19 patients. ...

The vote to terminate the mandate was 5-2. A spokesman for Page said he will respond to the vote at a press conference Wednesday. Before the meeting, Clancy told News 4 she believes lawsuits will be filed concerning the council's vote. The mandate is still in effect in St. Louis City.
--- End quote ---
KMOV

art.prout:

--- Quote from: mountaineer on July 28, 2021, 12:02:23 pm ---UPDATEKMOV

--- End quote ---

I can tell from your posts that you are not a dumbass.  Never give in to these cretins, never get vaxxed and resist the medical tyranny to the best of your abilities.  You are a sensible and intelligent person, NEVER give in to the evil doers (nor to the comfortably numb!!).

mountaineer:
No worries there. I've been following this story because I lived in St. Louis County for 19 years (employed by county government for 7 or 8 years).

AARguy:
No restrictions here in Texas. We're FREE!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version