Author Topic: ABC’s Hostin: Second Amendment ‘Was Designed to Protect Slavery’  (Read 461 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
ABC’s Hostin: Second Amendment ‘Was Designed to Protect Slavery’

Pam Key 23 Jul 2021

ABC legal analyst Sunny Hostin said Friday on ABC’s “The View” she believed that the Second Amendment “was designed to protect slavery” by empowering local militia groups to “put down slave revolts.”

Hostin said, “If you look at the history of the NRA for decades, the NRA has pushed legislation that not only supported a lot of gun ownership and the proliferation of guns but stifled the study and spread of information right, about the causes of gun violence. And when we talk about the culture of guns in this country, I’m reading an incredible book called ‘The Second’ by professor Carol Anderson. And she describes that the constitutional — the Second Amendment really was the right to bear arms was designed to protect slavery, right, because they wanted — our Founding Fathers and others, they wanted to be able to empower a local militia group to basically put down slave revolts and protect plantation owners.”

She added, “Because of the origins of the Second Amendment many and because of the NRA, I think we’re seeing this proliferation of guns and gun ownership. But I will say that gun ownership is on the rise, of course, in this country, but the biggest gun ownership on the rise is among African-Americans. It’s up 58.2 percent. In large part, when they are questioned, they’re talking about white supremacy, they’re talking about the pandemic, and they’re talking about police violence. They want to be able to protect themselves. So this is not about a rise in crime in the streets. This is about people feeling unsafe, black Americans.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/07/23/abcs-hostin-the-second-amendment-was-designed-to-protect-slavery/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

:thud:
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline dfwgator

:facepalm2:

Offline Kamaji

Good God.  Just a straight out there, bald-faced lie.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
biggest gun ownership on the rise is among African-Americans. It’s up 58.2 percent. In large part, when they are questioned, they’re talking about white supremacy, they’re talking about the pandemic, and they’re talking about police violence. They want to be able to protect themselves. So this is not about a rise in crime in the streets. This is about people feeling unsafe, black Americans.”

I think everyone knows this statement is a huge COS. Black Americans buying guns are afraid of black thugs.  Who is killing who Dummy er Sunny
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Will this Hostin now be banned by the techies as spreading misinformation?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline goatprairie

It seems that one qualification for being a regular on The View is  being an ignoramus.

Offline PeteS in CA

If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline skeeter

They're just going stark raving nuts with the lies now. Totally off the chain.

Offline libertybele

I think everyone knows this statement is a huge COS. Black Americans buying guns are afraid of black thugs.  Who is killing who Dummy er Sunny

You mean to tell me that no Blacks believe in the 2nd amendment and aren't aware of that right under the Constitution??  I think that's a huge insult to the Black community.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mountaineer

What should we expect? Public schools stopped teaching actual history a long time ago.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline AARguy

Is TV air time free for any looney tune now?