Author Topic: As Herschel Walker eyes Senate run, a turbulent past emerges  (Read 834 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
As Herschel Walker eyes Senate run, a turbulent past emerges
By BRIAN SLODYSKO, BILL BARROW and JAKE BLEIBERGan hour ago

ATLANTA (AP) — At first glance, Herschel Walker has a coveted political profile for a potential Senate candidate in Georgia.

He was a football hero at the University of Georgia before his long NFL career. He’s a business owner whose chicken products are distributed across the U.S. And he’s a Black conservative with backing from former President Donald Trump, a longtime friend.

But an Associated Press review of hundreds of pages of public records tied to Walker’s business ventures and his divorce, including many not previously reported, sheds new light on a turbulent personal history that could dog his Senate bid. The documents detail accusations that Walker repeatedly threatened his ex-wife’s life, exaggerated claims of financial success and alarmed business associates with unpredictable behavior.

Walker, now 59, has at times been open about his long struggle with mental illness, writing at length in a 2008 book about being diagnosed with dissociative identity disorder, once known as multiple personality disorder. But it’s unclear how he would discuss these events as a candidate.

Walker did not respond to requests for comment. Multiple emails went unanswered, although his executive assistant confirmed they were received. AP also sent emails and left a message with his long-time attorney, who did not respond.

more
https://apnews.com/article/lifestyle-sports-nfl-college-football-coronavirus-pandemic-5e2875eec11e93f9a3bf1fc859137ff8
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: As Herschel Walker eyes Senate run, a turbulent past emerges
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2021, 07:17:24 pm »
Give me Dirty Laundry.

We got our dirty little fingers in everybody's pie
Love to cut you down to size, we love dirty laundry
We can do the innuendo, we can dance and sing
When it's said and done, we haven't told you a thing
We all know that crap is king, give us dirty laundry.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2021, 07:42:33 pm »
I guess it's pretty obvious what Party Walker belongs to....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2021, 07:48:42 pm »
The rats must consider Walker a threat..I am sure this is the first of many hit pieces coming..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2021, 07:50:50 pm »
This is one of those things that if you’re going to vote for Herschel Walker you’re going to vote for him regardless and if you’re not gonna vote for him at all this  story feeds  you’re already preconceive negative view of him

But he may not even get the nomination
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2021, 10:44:25 pm »
The Republicans would be fools to put their money on this guy.
Especially because of skin color...

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2021, 01:42:34 am »
Walker, now 59, has at times been open about his long struggle with mental illness, writing at length in a 2008 book about being diagnosed with dissociative identity disorder

This is a deal-breaker for me personally.  I spent 2½ years with someone who had DID.  It was without question the worst 2½ years of my entire life.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2021, 06:51:39 am »
Herschel has been a longtime friend of President Trump, Herschel has been turbulent and has exaggerated! Exhibited A dissociative identity disorder, ON THE LEVEL OF THE MOST PROMINENT DEMOCRATS.  And not being on the DEMOCRAT PLANTATION, and committing the crime of capitalism while democrats are busy trying to exterminate Capitalist, except for the ultra-rich.  Is Herschel trying to remind democrats of their old KKK days and provoke lynchins by democrats?  I mean besides BLM/antifi!
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2021, 07:37:36 pm »
I do not see Trump backing Walker.  However, Walker will have a lot in common with his competition should he win the primary, for Warnock also threatened his wife.

I also have known someone with DID.  The person is a woman, and her memory is almost nonexistent for behavior experienced when she was an alternate personality.  I am sorry, but this disorder disqualifies ANYONE from elective office in my mindset.  I will not vote for Walker.

Offline unite for individuality

• I think, therefore I am... a misfit!
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2021, 04:21:01 am »
I also have known someone with DID.  The person is a woman, and her memory is almost nonexistent for behavior experienced when she was an alternate personality.  I am sorry, but this disorder disqualifies ANYONE from elective office in my mindset.  I will not vote for Walker.

Such personal flaws such as Herschel Walker appears to have
are indeed very alarming. Horrifying, even!

But they are microscopic, compared to the
astronomical level of evil that is embodied in the "Democratic" Party!

If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion,
mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.
   -- John Stuart Mill

Here are the 10 RINOs who voted to impeach Trump on Jan. 13, 2021 - NEVER forget!
WY  Liz Cheney      SC 7  Tom Rice             WA 4  Dan Newhouse    IL 16  Adam Kinzinger    OH 16  Anthony Gonzalez
MI 6  Fred Upton    WA 3  Jaime Herrera Beutler    MI 3  Peter Meijer       NY 24  John Katko       CA 21  David Valadao

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2021, 12:50:00 pm »
I am sorry, but this disorder disqualifies ANYONE from elective office in my mindset.  I will not vote for Walker.

100% agreed.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Longiron

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2021, 03:46:55 pm »
I guess it's pretty obvious what Party Walker belongs to....

Lets look at China Mitch business ties and how he keeps getting elected in a state where he is HATED by the folks. Why does not someone go their including TRUMP???? :chairbang:

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2021, 05:00:33 pm »
To clarify, I will vote for someone other than Walker in the primary, but if he gets the nod, he will get my vote over any Democommie.  As long as I live, I will never vote for a Democommie.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2021, 05:52:53 pm »
This is a deal-breaker for me personally.  I spent 2½ years with someone who had DID.  It was without question the worst 2½ years of my entire life.
Really?  So if Walker gets the nomination you had rather have Warnock, a guy arrested during a child abuse investigation, investigated for voter fraud as head of one of Stacey Abrams' organizations, an avowed communist and rife with corruption, as Senator?

This is AP who wrote this story with a headline that smacks of implication rather than real news.

It is like the journalism class I had on writing headlines that wrongfully targeted people like this example:

Woman Found Murdered, Husband Sought.

A day letter it was revealed that the husband had been on a business trip out of state during the time someone murdered his wife.  He was already branded as a killer from that headline in most peoples' eyes though.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2021, 06:06:32 pm »
Really?  So if Walker gets the nomination you had rather have Warnock, a guy arrested during a child abuse investigation, investigated for voter fraud as head of one of Stacey Abrams' organizations, an avowed communist and rife with corruption, as Senator?

I'll take 'False Dilemmas' for $200, Alex.

If Walker gets the nomination, he will have done so without my vote.  But the chance of him getting the nomination is virtually zero.  The nominee will be whoever the State GOP picks.

As for Warnock, I voted against him - twice.  Unfortunately, my vote was cancelled out by multiple fraudulent votes submitted in my county with the complete blessing of the State GOP.  In the mean time, I am stuck with a turd of a Democrat as my Congressional Representative since the State GOP only backs turkey candidates like Karen Handel instead of finding someone willing to compete against the current Democrat holder who lives in Tennessee.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-