Author Topic: Minneapolis City Council committee moves forward with amendment to replace police department  (Read 468 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Minneapolis City Council committee moves forward with amendment to replace police department
By FOX 9 Staff
Published 1 day ago
Crime and Public Safety
FOX 9

MINNEAPOLIS (FOX 9) - A Minneapolis City Council committee pushed forward on Wednesday with a measure that would give the voters power to replace the city police department.

The amendment proposed and submitted by the advocacy group "Yes 4 Minneapolis Committee" calls for public safety to have a "comprehensive public health approach" but does not explain what that means.

Under the plan, the police department would be replaced in the charter with a public safety department but doesn't outline how the department will work or be structured.

"I am persuaded that this is not going to get better with another two weeks," said Councilmember Steve Fletcher. "I'm persuaded that this language is a version of describing the intention of the petitioner and 20,000 people who signed the petition saying they want to create a significant change and that we should put it on the ballot. So I'm going to go ahead and move for approval of language as is."

The amendment was approved by the policy and government oversight committee by a vote of 11 to 2. It will now head to the full council for a vote.

If approved by the council, it will be included on the general election ballot in November.

https://www.fox9.com/news/minneapolis-city-council-committee-moves-forward-with-amendment-to-replace-police-department
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

Minneapolis City Council committee moves forward with amendment to replace police department
By FOX 9 Staff
Published 1 day ago
Crime and Public Safety
FOX 9

MINNEAPOLIS (FOX 9) - A Minneapolis City Council committee pushed forward on Wednesday with a measure that would give the voters power to replace the city police department.

The amendment proposed and submitted by the advocacy group "Yes 4 Minneapolis Committee" calls for public safety to have a "comprehensive public health approach" but does not explain what that means.

Under the plan, the police department would be replaced in the charter with a public safety department but doesn't outline how the department will work or be structured.

"I am persuaded that this is not going to get better with another two weeks," said Councilmember Steve Fletcher. "I'm persuaded that this language is a version of describing the intention of the petitioner and 20,000 people who signed the petition saying they want to create a significant change and that we should put it on the ballot. So I'm going to go ahead and move for approval of language as is."

The amendment was approved by the policy and government oversight committee by a vote of 11 to 2. It will now head to the full council for a vote.

If approved by the council, it will be included on the general election ballot in November.

https://www.fox9.com/news/minneapolis-city-council-committee-moves-forward-with-amendment-to-replace-police-department

The Twin Cities used to be a really fun place to go visit. The only reason I would go there now is because usually flights don’t go out of Duluth to the places I visit. Otherwise that’s it
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Well,since they won't let the PD arrest anybody that isn't white,they might as well go ahead and take this final step towards the anarchy they seek.

Ironically enough,they don't think that THEY will be the ones swinging from lampposts when the dust settles.

Any of you who live there need to make sure the FIRST thing you do is to completlely shut down ALL airports  and all roads leading in and out of the city to make sure they don't get away.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Kamaji

Well, right now it's just a proposal on which the citizens will vote.  That'll be the real test:  do the denizens of Minneapolis have the courage to vote this down, or will they continue to complacently go along with their own destruction.