Author Topic: Molotov Cocktail Lawyers Headed to Trial After Plea Negotiations Break Down  (Read 333 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Legal Insurrection by  Mike LaChance Wednesday, July 21, 2021

“will stand trial in March 2022 for allegedly firebombing a police cruiser and distributing Molotov cocktails during the George Floyd riots last summer”

In June of 2020, during the George Floyd riots in New York, two Ivy League-educated lawyers allegedly firebombed a police car with a Molotov Cocktail.

Unlike the January 6th rioters, authorities released them on bail and home confinement.

Their lawyers have been trying to work out a plea deal with prosecutors. The talks have broken down, and now they are headed for trial.

Kevin Daley reports at the Washington Free Beacon:

Ivy League Lawyers Head to Trial for Firebombing Cop Car

Two New York City Ivy League lawyers will stand trial in March 2022 for allegedly firebombing a police cruiser and distributing Molotov cocktails during the George Floyd riots last summer.

More: https://legalinsurrection.com/2021/07/molotov-cocktail-lawyers-headed-to-trial-after-plea-negotiations-break-down/

Offline LMAO

I have little sympathy for those who  broke the law in Washington DC on January 6, but there is definitely a lopsided justice going on here  assuming this story is true

Those who destroyed peoples livelihoods and cities all summer are getting slapped on the wrist.

We see the same thing with Anthony Fauci. Anthony Fauci lied to Congress. He’s not going to get the Roger Stone treatment. In fact, nothing is going to happen to Fauci.

This is one way societies collapse
« Last Edit: July 23, 2021, 06:06:02 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Kamaji

One hopes that, immediately after conviction, these two are summarily stripped of their bar membership and permanently banned from ever being allowed to practice law again.  Anywhere.

Offline LMAO

One hopes that, immediately after conviction, these two are summarily stripped of their bar membership and permanently banned from ever being allowed to practice law again.  Anywhere.

Thirty years ago that would’ve happened. Today, I would guarantee nothing
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Well, I suggest they be permitted to relocate to China where they can practice the art of cocktail-throwing and see what leniency the authorities there have in them.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Kamaji

Thirty years ago that would’ve happened. Today, I would guarantee nothing

Yes, I know.  There is an even chance that the NY Bar will instead fete them as heroes in the "struggle" for "social justice".

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Will the trial be in New York City?

Considering who will make up the jury, they may stand a good chance of being acquitted...