Poll

Are you watching or will you watch this years Olympics?

Yes
1 (2.1%)
No
21 (43.8%)
What? Another  Olympics?
6 (12.5%)
I’d rather get high with Corbe
10 (20.8%)
I really don’t care
8 (16.7%)
Maybe
2 (4.2%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Voting closed: August 07, 2021, 09:10:46 am

Author Topic: Are you watching The Olympics?  (Read 6274 times)

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Are you watching The Olympics?
« on: July 23, 2021, 09:10:46 am »
It’s on all the news, but I’m curious. How many people plan on watching this year’s Olympics? Do you care?

It doesn’t seem like other years, maybe because there’s no crowds?

Anyway, up to three answers per person, guests can vote.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Kamaji

Re: Are you watching The Olympics?
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2021, 11:21:28 am »
I have no interest whatsoever in watching another politicized charade.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2021, 11:32:01 am »
I never cared too much for watching sports on tv. I’d rather see a baseball game in person than on tv, for example.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2021, 11:50:32 am »
I used to watch all of it. This year, no more than a few track and field events, as Mr. M is a running junkie.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2021, 01:39:49 pm »
No, the last one I saw was in 1976.  They're boring.  This year I'm just rooting for certain people to lose, like the Women's Soccer Team.

And I'm always down with partying with @corbe.   888mouth
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline rustynail

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2021, 02:13:41 pm »
What time is the weight lifting?

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2021, 08:24:05 pm »
Jul 23, 2021 12:39 PM EST
Americans set to turn off Olympics as athletes' wokeness kicks into high gear: poll
The 2020 Tokyo Olympics are predicted to be the least watched this century as Americans are showing discontent with athletes flaunting their woke social justice agendas while representing Team USA on the global stage. ...

Story at The Post Millennial
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2021, 08:27:41 pm »
Hope we can dig up the ratings as the games progress.  NBC will try to bury them so they don't have to give refunds to advertisers.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2021, 08:32:08 pm »
Years ago, I loved watching the Olympics; downhill skiing, figure skating, swimming, and gymnastics were my favorites.  Then things started getting ugly with global politics, athletes cheating and judges questionable scoring.  I stopped watching.  In today's current climate, with athletes kneeling and refusing to honor the American flag, their actions sickens me. Why do they even bother to participate and supposedly represent our country if they aren't going to show American pride? Therefore -  I. don't. care.

« Last Edit: July 23, 2021, 08:33:12 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2021, 08:38:17 pm »
From what I read, the whole Opening Ceremony was one giant wokefest.       

Offline libertybele

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2021, 08:54:19 pm »
From what I read, the whole Opening Ceremony was one giant wokefest.     

I can only imagine the humility and despair of those athletes who truly want to represent the U.S. and remain patriotic. I wonder how many have decided against being in the Olympics and competing because of all the "wokeness"?

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2021, 08:56:03 pm »
Oh is that this year?
The Republic is lost.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2021, 08:59:36 pm »

Puddin Heads wife in Tokyo.  From the Wookie to the Woofie.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2021, 09:00:45 pm »
And I'm always down with partying with @corbe.   888mouth
@Cyber Liberty

Corbe belongs to me and do not forget it.  You only party with Corbe if I let you.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2021, 09:05:04 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

Corbe belongs to me and do not forget it.  You only party with Corbe if I let you.

Hey  ..... not fair ... why does he get to party with Corbe and I don't???

P.S. I need the therapeutic and medicinal benefits of 'partying'.  wink777
« Last Edit: July 23, 2021, 09:12:15 pm by libertybele »

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2021, 09:35:35 pm »
@libertybele

Yes, I do watch the runners as I was a runner at university, broke the record for 50 yd. dash.  Also won hurdles.

Was table tennis winner two years in a row at university.  I left that university after those two years or I would keep winning it.

Story:  First time at university, weighed about 110 lbs.  Went into student building to gaming room with three table tennis tables.  I was the only girl in there.  You get put on a list and wait for a table to open up.  When I was called, I beat the guy handily and I beat the next guy.  Then, I was one of them.  The room belonged to them and them included me from that day forward.  I was taught table tennis by two guys and we played every weekend.  That was why I was not worried playing tennis with guys.

I cannot explain how I serve, the mechanics of it.  The ball leaves my hand fast and low, headed to side of table barely over the net.  Ball goes over the net hits table and drops to the floor.  There seems to be no way for other player to be able to get at the ball because it is on the floor so fast.

I have two Table Tennis Winner Patches from that university.  Oh, yes, I did go to classes when not playing table tennis.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2021, 09:36:29 pm by Victoria33 »

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2021, 09:36:22 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

Does that apply for me too?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2021, 09:43:31 pm »

I party with those I choose, sweetie!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2021, 09:45:47 pm »
I party with those I choose, sweetie!

Tomorrow is a National Margarita Day. I’ll bring tequila to this party

Offline libertybele

« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2021, 09:48:58 pm »
@libertybele

Yes, I do watch the runners as I was a runner at university, broke the record for 50 yd. dash.  Also won hurdles.

Was table tennis winner two years in a row at university.  I left that university after those two years or I would keep winning it.

Story:  First time at university, weighed about 110 lbs.  Went into student building to gaming room with three table tennis tables.  I was the only girl in there.  You get put on a list and wait for a table to open up.  When I was called, I beat the guy handily and I beat the next guy.  Then, I was one of them.  The room belonged to them and them included me from that day forward.  I was taught table tennis by two guys and we played every weekend.  That was why I was not worried playing tennis with guys.

I cannot explain how I serve, the mechanics of it.  The ball leaves my hand fast and low, headed to side of table barely over the net.  Ball goes over the net hits table and drops to the floor.  There seems to be no way for other player to be able to get at the ball because it is on the floor so fast.

I have two Table Tennis Winner Patches from that university.  Oh, yes, I did go to classes when not playing table tennis.

You are unbelievable @Victoria33  You have lived an extraordinary life and have so many accomplishments and stories.  I love hearing them!!

I was never particularly good at any sport (sigh) though every Sunday afternoon for awhile I would gather to play softball with friends just for fun and a barbecue afterwards.  That's my extent of playing sports.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2021, 10:07:26 pm »
I have no interest whatsoever in watching another politicized charade.

Ditto!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2021, 10:24:34 pm »
@libertybele

You are a female Forrest Gump!

I will watch some of the olympics. Like most people, I like womens gymnastics.  I will also watch the golf.  The rest I will watch if nothing else of interest is on.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2021, 10:26:42 pm »
Tomorrow is a National Margarita Day. I’ll bring tequila to this party

OOOhhh.  I do love a good Margarita!!!  Sounds like a fun day in the lounge.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2021, 11:15:51 pm »
@Gefn

You can party with anyone.  I just wanted to give @Cyber Liberty a reason to yell at me.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2021, 11:21:38 pm »
You are a female Forrest Gump!
I will watch some of the olympics. Like most people, I like womens gymnastics.  I will also watch the golf.  The rest I will watch if nothing else of interest is on.
@massadvj

I will watch the women gymnastics, too.  It is amazing how muscles/bodies can do that.