Author Topic: CDC: Delta Variant Accounts For 83% Of US Cases  (Read 456 times)

Offline thackney

CDC: Delta Variant Accounts For 83% Of US Cases
« on: July 22, 2021, 01:18:37 pm »
CDC: Delta Variant Accounts For 83% Of US Cases
https://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/health/2021/july/cdc-delta-variant-accounts-for-83-of-us-cases
07-21-2021

Health officials say the delta variant of the coronavirus continues to surge and accounts for an estimated 83% of U.S. COVID-19 cases.

That's a dramatic increase from the week of July 3, when the variant accounted for about 50% of genetically sequenced coronavirus cases....
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Axeslinger

Re: CDC: Delta Variant Accounts For 83% Of US Cases
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2021, 01:28:50 pm »
And what is the one thing you’ll see is almost always missing from these horror stories about The delta variant? As they scream from the rooftops about spiking cases and horribly increased transmissability?

It’s not nearly as lethal (as the disease with a 99.98% survival rate  9999hair out0000 )

Don’t believe me?  Here’s the results of a simple google search.   See if you can find it:

https://www.google.com/search?q=delta+variant+mortality+rate+cdc&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&client=safari#sbfbu=1&pi=delta%20variant%20mortality%20rate%20cdc
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2021, 07:01:42 pm »
The other missing context: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/ . Small bump in new cases, not a surge; no bump in daily deaths.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2021, 09:11:10 pm »
The other missing context: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/ . Small bump in new cases, not a surge; no bump in daily deaths.
This is more due to the strains that were dominant in the winter and spring (such as the "UK strain") dying off.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2021, 09:18:04 pm »
The Delta is so old news.  We now have Lambda identified in some shithole country. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline rustynail

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2021, 09:32:57 pm »
The Delta is so old news.  We now have Lambda identified in some shithole country. 

And Monkey Pox here now.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2021, 09:40:09 pm »

So basically we'll continue to fight some sort of germ/virus warfare.  Got it.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2021, 09:56:36 pm »
If I go in for a Covid test and it comes back positive, will they just assume it's the delta variant, or will they actually send it off for additional testing? Is there really a delta test at all?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline rustynail

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2021, 10:00:24 pm »
If I go in for a Covid test and it comes back positive, will they just assume it's the delta variant, or will they actually send it off for additional testing? Is there really a delta test at all?

I have read there is no test.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2021, 10:03:32 pm »

No test?  Come on man you've got to be kidding me.

Headlines are reading that FL is one of the states that has the most Delta COVID cases!

https://www.winknews.com/2021/07/19/delta-variants-spread-raises-floridas-total-covid-19-cases/

Online mountaineer

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2021, 10:26:20 pm »
I've heard that. I've also read that well, yeah, there's a delta variant test, but the original test sample has to be sent off (at some expense) for additional testing before they actually can find the delta variant. Your everyday Covid test doesn't show it.

So if the Covid test I get at the doc-in-a-box* is positive, why on earth would they say, "Oh noez, we oughta test for delta, as well"? Wouldn't they just say, "You have the 'rona, let us know if you feel like you're dying"?

*I had to get one of those doc-in-a-box tests in late April before my hip surgery. I was expecting a swab that would enter my brain, but they barely swished it around the edge of my nostrils.  :shrug:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline libertybele

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2021, 10:37:05 pm »
I've heard that. I've also read that well, yeah, there's a delta variant test, but the original test sample has to be sent off (at some expense) for additional testing before they actually can find the delta variant. Your everyday Covid test doesn't show it.

So if the Covid test I get at the doc-in-a-box* is positive, why on earth would they say, "Oh noez, we oughta test for delta, as well"? Wouldn't they just say, "You have the 'rona, let us know if you feel like you're dying"?

*I had to get one of those doc-in-a-box tests in late April before my hip surgery. I was expecting a swab that would enter my brain, but they barely swished it around the edge of my nostrils.  :shrug:

...hmmm let's see .... reports are that FL and TX have the highest surge in Delta COVID cases .... call me crazy, but I wonder if it has anything to do with all the ILLEGALS coming into those states?   :shrug:   9999hair out0000 9999hair out0000