Author Topic: Murthy: ‘We’ve Got to Take Measures to Reduce Spread’ and Masks and Distancing ‘Among Our Most Power  (Read 1659 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Murthy: ‘We’ve Got to Take Measures to Reduce Spread’ and Masks and Distancing ‘Among Our Most Powerful Tools’ to Do so in Short Time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2dfW6vl2Qo

Ian Hanchett 22 Jul 2021

On Thursday’s “PBS NewsHour,” Surgeon General Dr. Vivek Murthy stated that “we’ve got to take measures to reduce spread.” And that while it’s important to vaccinate people, “if you’re trying to reduce spread in a short timeframe, in the order of days to weeks, then it is measures like masking and distancing that are among our most powerful tools.” Murthy also argued that “it’s prudent to err on the side of caution.”

Murthy said, “Now, there are circumstances where individuals may want to consider wearing masks, where counties may decide to put mitigation measures like mask requirements back in place. And those would be, for example, if they had a lot of virus circulating, as some communities do. If you’re an individual who maybe has kids at home who are not vaccinated, or you yourself are immunocompromised, those are all circumstances where counties or individuals may decide that they want to wear masks again. I actually think that, in a moment like this, when we’re seeing COVID spreading so widely because of the Delta variant, that it’s prudent to err on the side of caution. Because, again, a lot of people are getting infected right now, primarily unvaccinated, but, again, bears being cautious, depending on your situation.”

He added, “I understand that people are tired of so much of what we’ve dealt with over this past year, wearing masks, not seeing your friends, just going through the uncertainty of COVID. It’s been exhausting for all of us, and we’ve made a lot of progress. But this is one of those moments, Amna, with the Delta variant spreading so quickly, that we’ve got to take measures to reduce spread. And vaccination is important. Look, we’ve got to vaccinate people quickly. But if you’re trying to reduce spread in a short timeframe, in the order of days to weeks, then it is measures like masking and distancing that are among our most powerful tools.”

Murthy further stated that reinstituting mask mandates in places where infections are rising is “a very reasonable step to take.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/07/22/murthy-weve-got-to-take-measures-to-reduce-spread-and-masks-and-distancing-among-our-most-powerful-tools-to-do-so-in-short-time/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline PeteS in CA

If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline skeeter

Get ready folks. They’re settin’ the table to do it again.

Offline libertybele

Get ready folks. They’re settin’ the table to do it again.

We'll see what happens.  The pressure is on DeSantis as FL has the most increase in COVID cases. He shuts us down this time of year and many will permanently go out of business.  This is off season and the locals keep the businesses going.

Our county has reactivated their COVID team because of the  increase in cases. The system’s hospitals are caring for 130 COVID-19 patients, and the 14-day rolling average positivity rate is at 22%, which is approaching levels seen last July.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LegalAmerican

A "cold virus'...that is new. Already mutated, covid.  99.97%. recovery,  from c.d.c .   Over kill. 

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online mountaineer

Always amazing to see all these "scientists" ignore the proven worthlessness of masks (especially homemade fabric ones) in preventing transmission of the virus.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline LegalAmerican

Always amazing to see all these "scientists" ignore the proven worthlessness of masks (especially homemade fabric ones) in preventing transmission of the virus.

:bingo: :thumbsup:

Online corbe

Gov Abbott in Texas has already said he's not going down that road again.  Trump never should have bought into this BS!
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online mountaineer

Offline Kamaji

Murthy is completely wrong.  We need to take measures to make sure that it spreads in the general population in a way that minimizes the risk that any particular individual will suffer a severe or life-threatening reaction - HCQ and ivermectin can be helpful here - and only try to limit the spread amongst the most at-risk population:  those with severe pre-existing conditions and the elderly.

These f**king idiots all seem to think that we're dealing with something like the ebola virus - where containing the spread is a useful mechanism of control - and not something that is basically just a half-ramped-up cold virus.  Things like COVID-19 need to be allowed to spread amongst the part of the population that is not particularly at risk so that it can acclimatize itself and ramp down its virulence to the point where, like most other coronaviruses, it engenders nothing more than, at most, a severe cold.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
If masking and social distancing were so powerful than why didn't they work for all those months prior to the vaccines? Just be honest and say that the democrats didn't get enough control of the populace and their dependency on the states teat as they wanted so they want a redo.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline LegalAmerican

Murthy is completely wrong.  We need to take measures to make sure that it spreads in the general population in a way that minimizes the risk that any particular individual will suffer a severe or life-threatening reaction - HCQ and ivermectin can be helpful here - and only try to limit the spread amongst the most at-risk population:  those with severe pre-existing conditions and the elderly.

These f**king idiots all seem to think that we're dealing with something like the ebola virus - where containing the spread is a useful mechanism of control - and not something that is basically just a half-ramped-up cold virus.  Things like COVID-19 need to be allowed to spread amongst the part of the population that is not particularly at risk so that it can acclimatize itself and ramp down its virulence to the point where, like most other coronaviruses, it engenders nothing more than, at most, a severe cold.

One physician is explaining the real science behind the COVID virus and the experimental vaccine and is begging people not to take it.

Armstrong Economics reported:

Professor Bhakdi refers to new studies published by The Lancet which show that this is not such an unusual virus that the body does not recognize. It responds to the virus quickly showing vaccination is not necessary. Corona Viruses are different from Influenza and Bacteria or a Fungus. While I believe this virus was created in a lab, it is still a Coronavirus and it is not that dangerous to the majority of the population – the elderly yes, because their immune systems are starting to fail which eventually allows us to pass on to another dimension.

Online mountaineer

I'm so puzzled by medical doctors telling us we need to wear masks to prevent the spread of this virus. There was one from a major Pittsburgh hospital on last night's news saying just that.

If I went to Walgreen's right now and bought a box of disposable masks, the box they came in would contain a warning that the mask does not protect against transmission of coronavirus. When I go to a medical facility - hospital, doctor's office, physical therapy, etc. - an edict from the state says I have to wear a mask. So I waltz in with a little one-ply cotton mask made from an old bedsheet, and that's just fine with them. I know full well a single layer of cotton fabric is full of holes large enough for a virus to get through. But it's fine with medical professionals?

Something is wrong here.

Offline Kamaji

I'm so puzzled by medical doctors telling us we need to wear masks to prevent the spread of this virus. There was one from a major Pittsburgh hospital on last night's news saying just that.

If I went to Walgreen's right now and bought a box of disposable masks, the box they came in would contain a warning that the mask does not protect against transmission of coronavirus. When I go to a medical facility - hospital, doctor's office, physical therapy, etc. - an edict from the state says I have to wear a mask. So I waltz in with a little one-ply cotton mask made from an old bedsheet, and that's just fine with them. I know full well a single layer of cotton fabric is full of holes large enough for a virus to get through. But it's fine with medical professionals?

Something is wrong here.

Someone should start selling masks made out of lace, or some other gauzy, loosely woven material, just to make the absurdity patent.

Offline art.prout

Something is wrong here.

:yowsa:

Something, actually a LOT of things, have been wrong about this plandemic from the onset!

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
:yowsa:

Something, actually a LOT of things, have been wrong about this plandemic from the onset!

:yowsa: Absolutely! Starting with why there was ever a pandemic to begin with over an illness with a 99.8% recovery rate.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline thackney

Someone should start selling masks made out of lace, or some other gauzy, loosely woven material, just to make the absurdity patent.

Lots of those already out there.  My daughter bought some for her dance team.  They are 50% holes, about 1/8 inch, separated by 1/8 really shinny fabric.  From a several feet away they reflect so much it is hard to tell.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline PeteS in CA

Is that the Sucharit Bhakdi who claimed in April that Covid vaccines will decimate the world's population, https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2021/04/30/fact-check-covid-19-vaccines-dont-cause-death-wont-depopulate-planet/7411271002/ ? Covid vaccines will kill 700,000,000 people (the original meaning of "decimate" was killing every 10th soldier in a Roman legion or cohort)? Bhakdi Sucharit is not exactly credible, possibly excepting when he's recommending Thai restaurants.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2021, 05:54:32 pm by PeteS in CA »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline LegalAmerican

I believe..they have already been made. lol.  So silly.  I still think it is about  burqa wearing for the women.

Offline libertybele

Something is wrong here.

It's called the Chinese/Biden/Fauci connection.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LegalAmerican