Author Topic: Biden: 'You've Got to Get People to the Point Where They Trust Government'  (Read 1277 times)

Offline libertybele

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:

Biden: 'You've Got to Get People to the Point Where They Trust Government'

At a CNN town hall Wednesday night, President Joe Biden plugged the safety and efficacy of the COVID vaccines and urged everyone eligible to get one.

Host Don Lemon told the president that even within his own family, there is "ambivalence," "misinformation" and "mistrust in the system." "How do you fix that?" Lemon asked Biden:

Biden, in his roundabout way, talked about uniting the country and restoring trust in government:

"Well, I think you're going to -- it's going to seem like a non-answer to start with," Biden responded to Lemon:

One of the things I said when I ran for office, it's not Democrat/Republican again, is we've got to restore faith in government. You've got to get people to the point where they trust government.............

https://cnsnews.com/article/national/susan-jones/biden-youve-got-get-people-point-where-they-trust-government
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Kamaji

Online dfwgator

Ain't gonna be you, Joe.

Offline corbe

This guy is more delusional that even I thought.  Words escape me @libertybele so I thought I'd share a song, hope you don't mind.

Sophie Lloyd - Delusions (Official Video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7hc8iCtJfg
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline rustynail

I trust them......to lie every time.

Offline libertybele

This guy is more delusional that even I thought.  Words escape me @libertybele so I thought I'd share a song, hope you don't mind.

Sophie Lloyd - Delusions (Official Video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7hc8iCtJfg

Me mind a song??  If one pops into your mind; post it.  I usually do, it's hard for me not to.  happy77
« Last Edit: July 22, 2021, 09:36:19 pm by libertybele »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Maybe when its down to less than one third its current size I'll begin to investigate it. Not before.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online roamer_1

Redneck 101 AND Conservative 101...

NEVER trust the government.

Count me twice. With emphasis.

Offline libertybele

Why oh why would I trust the government?  I lost trust decades ago and they haven't done anything to regain that trust. Nothing. Notta. Zip.

Offline corbe

My pappy always told me about you @roamer_1  He said 'Never trust a Man who loves his Horse more than his wife'.
   I didn't believe him then, just like I don't believe slow joe now.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline corbe

Why oh why would I trust the government?  I lost trust decades ago and they haven't done anything to regain that trust. Nothing. Notta. Zip.

GWB's Patriot Act sealed the deal for me.  It's been downhill, with sand in the Vaseline, ever since.

Online roamer_1

My pappy always told me about you @roamer_1  He said 'Never trust a Man who loves his Horse more than his wife'.
   I didn't believe him then, just like I don't believe slow joe now.

I wish I'd have stuck to lovin my horse... I would be a lot richer today. And my horse deserved it.

Offline corbe

I wish I'd have stuck to lovin my horse... I would be a lot richer today. And my horse deserved it.

Yes, I'd have 3 houses full of furniture, 2 in Houston and my ol restored 53 Chevy 5 window w/AM pickup truck.  Oh yea I'd probably be getting laid less than I do now.

@libertybele is a very tolerant Woman but I'm probably pushing her patience in what seems to be derailing her Thread.

Offline libertybele

Brings a song to mind -- "Beer for My Horses"  :beer:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0_QSmxKJ8M

Offline libertybele

Yes, I'd have 3 houses full of furniture, 2 in Houston and my ol restored 53 Chevy 5 window w/AM pickup truck.  Oh yea I'd probably be getting laid less than I do now.

@libertybele is a very tolerant Woman but I'm probably pushing her patience in what seems to be derailing her Thread.

No worries @corbe  IMO you keep this forum interesting!    :beer:

Offline corbe

No worries @corbe  IMO you keep this forum interesting!    :beer:

Thank You for those kind words @libertybele    6666kiss

Offline LMAO

People haven't trusted the federal governmant since the the aftermath of the Vietnam War

It's doubtful "40 some years in DC" Biden will do it
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline mountaineer

People haven't trusted the federal governmant since the the aftermath of the Vietnam War

It's doubtful "40 some years in DC" Biden will do it
Remember when young people said, "Don't trust anyone over 30"? Now it's the young people - Gens X, Y and Z - who mindlessly lap up and obey everything the government (currently run by octogenarians and the senile, in case no one noticed) tells them.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online roamer_1

ol restored 53 Chevy 5 window w/AM pickup truck.

There's one of them sitting in mamma's back yard right now... except it ain't a 5 window... But it is yellow.

Offline PeteS in CA

LIEden, Kammie, and Pelosi are all resigning? :silly:  :tongue2:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline skeeter

LIEden, Kammie, and Pelosi are all resigning? :silly:  :tongue2:
Their strategy is to buy them off with a quarterly check.

And you thought infrastructure refers to bridges and roads.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2021, 11:24:28 pm by skeeter »

Offline corbe

Mine was Green.  I took the 216 out which was not rebuildable and after months of searching I located a 235 (Blue Flame) in an Antique junkyard in Houston.  I rebuilt that for under 2 grand in 73, after my discharge from USAF.  The only thing left to do was the Bed, the seat and a paint job.  My 2nd X wife practically gave it away (No Title, yet) to someone she was (probably) screwing.   
   I learned a hard lesson then about 'open' marriages, they too can be costly.   

Offline Slide Rule

At this point Xo Bi Din could concede the election to Trump and describe
in some detail in the election theft and names of coordinators and directors.

Nah. Integrity is not his style.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2021, 12:22:06 pm by Slide Rule »
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Online dfwgator

Offline andy58-in-nh

Well, it's not as though the government would take any liberties with us....
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn