Author Topic: Widespread Outage Disrupts Major Retail, Financial, Travel Websites Worldwide  (Read 320 times)

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
A widespread disruption of some kind caused outages for major websites worldwide Thursday afternoon.

DownDetector.com showed a sharp and simultaneous spike in outage reports for some of the most prominent travel, retail, financial and gaming websites globally. In most cases, the spike in outage reports appeared to start around 11:40 a.m. ET.

Oracle's Cloud Infrastructure website indicated the service was experiencing an ongoing issue, though it was not immediately clear if the outages were related. Akamai also reported a problem with its service as well.

"We are aware of an emerging issue with the Edge DNS service," Akamai said. "We are actively investigating the issue."

This is a developing story.

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/widespread-outage-disrupts-major-retail-financial-travel-websites-worldwide/3168859/
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
Several high-profile websites including HSBC, Airbnb and British Airways hit by outages

The websites of several high-profile companies including HSBC, Airbnb and British Airways appear to have been hit by outages.

A message on the BA website read: "Service Unavailable - DNS failure. The server is temporarily unable to service your request. Please try again later."

https://news.sky.com/story/several-high-profile-websites-including-hsbc-airbnb-and-british-airways-hit-by-outages-12361521

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
911 services on the East Coast are also having trouble……

DOWN AND OUT FedEx, UPS, Airbnb, and Delta Airlines websites all reporting outages as ‘911 lines down’ along East Coast[/b]

https://www.the-sun.com/news/3331697/fedex-ups-airbnb-delta-airlines-website-down-outrage/Thank

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I'm calling this A Gibbs Rule #39 event.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Victoria33

@Gefn

For all today, until just a few minutes ago, I could not write an email.  I could start it, maybe type one or two or three sentences, then it would hang up and no writing would go on there anymore. 
This happened four more times, then I shut down and brought up computer again, and it was still like that.  NOW, just before I clicked on TBR, I tried another time and it did not hang up.  Then, I read about this shutdown so I wonder if the glitch got into our computers and when it was fixed, the email worked again.

Really, I was terribly upset that email would not work and I did nothing to cause this to happen.  Anyone else found this happened to any of you?

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
A "test run" with an eye on the future...